Ferrari 2014- Dale Mathers.........1:13.976
    Ganley 2015- Roger Williams......1:13.506
    Denny Hulme 2013 -
    John English.........1:12.967.
    Ian Woodward.....1:13.053
    Dale Mathers.......1;13.586.
    Kevin Gimblett.....1:13.617
    Must have been a faster track in 2013

Nigel MacDonald is famous!! Inside this week's Auto Action in Aus.
    Week 2 coverage will be in next week's edition.
    Name:  10957902_10206223475684912_1233397505_n.jpg
Views: 2169
Size:  118.6 KB

Race 52 - Historic Muscle Cars - 25 January 2015 - on my youtube channel:

Scotty was on turn 2 with his camera, got Anthony Tenkate doing a magnificent lose right in front of Woody-
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-29-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Check this out guys. A brilliant video put together by Dewi Jones of the Historic Muscle Car/Australian Trans-Am action at the first weekend of the 2015 NZFMR. Its about 15 minutes long, and includes racing and driver interviews. Its an excellent job. Turn the sound up.

Nice one Dewi (and Awyn). You certainly covered the ground over the first 3 days and picke up some lovely angles and captured the spirit of ATA v HMC.

Thanks a lot Murray, we hope that we covered both the on and off track action, as both are just as important as each other.
    Week 2 highlights here:

Name:  IMG_7559.jpg
Views: 1557
Size:  99.4 KB

That's the last from weekend 1

Hi All, really been behind the 8 ball recently with my recent workshop move which im slowly sorting(no thanks to Telecom or Spark as they call themselves) as soon as I get a chance i'll get a newsletter out but our next event is the Legends, March 28/29th at Hampton so aim for that, we will run with the HSC group. The feedback from the Festival has been huge, 10 PH calls the day after(just what I needed, LOL) and certainly our alignment with Australian Trans Am is working with great parity between both groups. We still have issues to sort and one was too many on track incidents(including myself) but some of it was just stupid stuff(including myself) but we'll work though these one at a time!! Certainly it was "brain overload" for myself as I had other class's asking for help and a few HSC guys not happy they didn't have a class at the Festival(or racing with us) but can't be all to everyone.

As apart of our bi-annual ATA/HMC agreement we will once again be travelling to Australia to race later this year, looking likely we'll once again have 8 cars taking this trip but others are welcome. First event will be the Lakeside Historics, Brisbane late July and the Muscle car Master at Eastern Creek, Sydney fathers day early September, more to come about this!!

The out come from a general group meeting at the Festival is we will form a "Drivers Committee" to help organise and run HMC, the plan is form HMC nation wide to take in the south Island, we will be directly aligned with the Historic and Classic Commission side of MSNZ, their COD system is working for us and its now mandatory to have one. Once again more to come on this but if anyone that understands historic saloon car racing and wants to get involved please contact myself, Steve H, Tony R or Steve Elliott.

Dale M

HMC racer Steve Elliott found this one on Craigslist. Obviously it'll need some changes made to comply, and some $$$$ spent, but as a good entry level car, you won't find much cheaper: https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4914737288.html

Name:  66 Fastback.jpg
Views: 1351
Size:  43.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    HMC racer Steve Elliott found this one on Craigslist. Obviously it'll need some changes made to comply, and some $$$$ spent, but as a good entry level car, you won't find much cheaper: https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/4914737288.html

Name:  66 Fastback.jpg
Views: 1351
Size:  43.4 KB
    This race car is a hell-off a deal at $19500USD, infact I doubt its still available(but please check) I see this Mustang is on the east coast in Connecticut(probably under 6 foot of snow at the moment), I have good contacts with the owner of Cobra Automotive so if anyone is keen here in NZ I can help hook them up.

Dale M

Dale and all the HMC Guy's and Gal's, a great show at the Festival and impressive display of beautiful well presented historic muscle. (cars not the guy's). You have a great thing going, and along with the Aussie's you have it working. Pity about some of the damage, but this doe's/can happen, and I hurt as much as you guy's seeing it.
    Keep up the great work team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    This race car is a hell-off a deal at $19500USD, infact I doubt its still available(but please check) I see this Mustang is on the east coast in Connecticut(probably under 6 foot of snow at the moment), I have good contacts with the owner of Cobra Automotive so if anyone is keen here in NZ I can help hook them up.

Dale M
    According to my US sources - not tomato sauces - this Mustang has been sold to a skidder in Finland. There was also another Camaro like mine sold to Europe very recently where the seller offered the Camaro for one price, and each individual accompanying log book for another, per book. The log books have no value if you are just going to run the car in a Mickey Duck anything goes class, but they create a lot of value if you run in a proper `historic' type class anywhere in the world .....

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    According to my US sources - not tomato sauces - this Mustang has been sold to a skidder in Finland. There was also another Camaro like mine sold to Europe very recently where the seller offered the Camaro for one price, and each individual accompanying log book for another, per book. The log books have no value if you are just going to run the car in a Mickey Duck anything goes class, but they create a lot of value if you run in a proper `historic' type class anywhere in the world .....
    Its amazing Steve the amount of historic American saloons going to Europe as historic racing is having huge growth currently over their, we are lucky though our various USA contacts to have down here what we do but it won't get any easier in the future!!

Rod(Grimwood) thanks for the kind words, growing pains I tell you!! but atleast people are getting the essence of what we're about. one thing I've noticed is the amount of "no show gunnas" out there but I guess thats always been in NZ motorsport, oh well!! will press on with those that actually want to do it!! Life is GOOD

A few of us went down to Christchurch on Wednesday for a reasonably successful meeting with those on the mainland that are keen to see HMC and HSC in that part of the country, time will tell.

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    Thats a good point Steve, the value of an old race car is often dictated by its racing history. A factory built race car will invariably command greater value than one built by a privateer team, but among the privateer teams, its the races the cars contested that bring about their values. Eg, in US sedan racing during the late 1960s through early '70s, SCCA A/Sedan rules covered everything from regional races and championships through to the high-profile Trans-Am series. If a car raced in the Trans-Am series, that makes it eligible to now race with the Historic Trans-Am group, which ultimately adds a premium to its value, even if it only ever contested 2 Trans-Am races in period, and finished last.

The Trans-Am fields were mostly made up of local privateer teams who just ran with the Trans-Am when it came to town, to try and win a few bucks prize money. So that privateer team might have contested regional A/Sedan events against similar local cars, but if that privateer team then entered their A/Sedan in a Trans-Am race, then that car now will likely have a much greater value than similar local privateer cars that didn't contest any Trans-Am races.

HMC racers, I've just had conformation of all 3 Australian events in which HMC will race with Australian Trans Am this year, here are the dates and anyone is welcome to attend.

1 - Shannon Days of Thunder, Queensland Raceway, June 20/21st, 2015
    2 - The Lakeside Classic, Lakeside Brisbane, July 25/6th, 2015
    3 - Muscle Car Masters, Eastern Creek, Sydney, September 5/6th, 2015

HMC entrants we have to date(unconfirmed):

1 - Dale Mathers, 69 Mustang
    2 - Murray Brown, 70 Camaro
    3 - Kevin Gimblett, 67 Camaro
    4 - Rodger Cunninghame, 65 Mustang
    5 - Glenn Allingham, 68 Camaro
    6 - Dave Sturrock, 68 Camaro

If any other HMC racer with an HMC legal car wishes to attend please contact me direct.

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 03-18-2015 at 06:10 AM.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Dale
    You should bring them to Baskerville Historics (In Tassie) Oct 2--4 2015....and its on the way home

I just noticed this thread has now had over 200,000 page views! Cool.