Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

I can't add any images of the quality already posted, but I have a few of John McKechnie hustling the Falcon along nicely - incredible that this car was a rusty hulk not so long ago (hope my description doesn't offend you John, you could obviously see beauty hiding in there!).

Shano- mate, these are the most beautiful pix I could have ever asked to see.
    Please come and introduce yourself at the next-March-meeting.I am certainly not offended-it was after all the $375 rolling bare rusty body trade me special- at the description of its condition when I first started as it was what it was..Steve and Dale have asked me to do a series on it., but I wanted to focus on finishing it for this meeting first.Its absolute neglected state made it a prime candidate for this role in its life.Aussie cars are not easy to restore, but have such lovely lines. Mustang and Camaro parts are cheap and easy to source, but no one makes new rear quarters for these Coupes. The colour was an easy one, my wife and I had decided it quite early in the piece.My goal was to have fun, complete every race, go faster and stay out of trouble.-all boxes ticked.
    I will treasure these 3 pics.
    The cars are definitely the stars
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-28-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Look at that inside front wheel waving to the crowd, go Johnny go!!

Dale M

Ok boys and girls, Nigel Watts and Robin Johansen each get one of my team shirts and hats for some excellent photos of my Camaro from the two weekends. Speaking of photos, have a look at: www.clmintiepix.photoshelter.com for plenty more excellent photos of all of us from Phil Smith. He can `age' the photos for a more retro look if that`s what spins your wheels. As most of the HMC guys now know from the public response we got over the two meetings, people really like these cars and all I`m saying is that as a group we should support all the photographers that make the effort to support us.
    Last edited by fullnoise68; 01-28-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Wow, this thread has now had over 50,000 page views! Thanks to all you guys who have posted up photos from the two weekends of racing at the Gulf Denny Hulme event. Its really exciting to see photos appearing so soon after the races, the internet is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray Maunder View Post
    A great and largely incident-free practice and qualifying for the HMC boys. What a thrill to see the 20 strong field of musclecars head out of their enclosure for their session.

I knocked up a 12 minute video of the day's highlights when I got home and have uploaded to YouTube at http://youtu.be/WS4uqbMaO2s

It should have finished uploading by about two this afternoon. Thanks to the Aussie competitors John Lord, John English, Col Warrington and Ian Woodward for the use of their in-car camera footage.
    Wow! Great work Murray. This is the first time I've been able to view the full vid, having had limited online access through staying at various motels the last couple of weeks. Beautiful work and a credit to you. And imagine if you'd have been able to attend the race days!

Hope you don't mind, I've embedded it here for people to view:

I have a pile of pics from the meeting (over 1,000) but I am not sure that adding many of them to this thread is of any great value as most cars are covered anyway, however, there are one or two that I'll post, though shrinking them to suit this website seems to be more difficult than from scans and the small camera. I'll certainly add one for John's collection.

Congratulation to all competitors for making the effort to attend, as the colour and variety plus some energetic driving, knocks tier 1 meetings into a cocked hat. Car presentation was also a credit to all concerned. Good to catch up with Steve at long last too. So much knowledge in one so young... It augurs well for the overall future of classic racing that we are now at a stage when some of the keenest supporters are younger than the cars they support.

Next year, the festival celebrates Ferrari, but no doubt the HMC group will be in the programme again, as they are definitely a crowd pleaser.
    Last edited by ERC; 01-29-2013 at 12:18 AM.

Name:  dennyhulme2013 625..jpg
Views: 928
Size:  125.7 KBName:  dennyhulme2013 253.3.jpg
Views: 987
Size:  132.6 KB

There was plenty of action for the punters

Paul- you could have toasted some marshmallows on that flame. Great sight from a V8, definitely not an ethanaol blend.

Name:  213_0126_056.JPG
Views: 945
Size:  177.9 KB

Name:  213_0125_058.JPG
Views: 941
Size:  154.8 KB

Name:  213_0126_023.JPG
Views: 864
Size:  147.6 KB

Name:  213_0126_045.JPG
Views: 932
Size:  164.9 KB

Name:  213_0126_064.JPG
Views: 882
Size:  157.0 KB

Name:  213_0126_073.JPG
Views: 847
Size:  158.0 KB

A small selection from Sunday's races.........
    Attached Images Attached Images       

ERC-Ray , and PhotoSmith- Great positioning and excellent timing.

Yes some great photos from different positions around the track

After a fantastic fortnight at HD both watching and the wonderful pics people have posted here, I wonder what's next for HMC. Would love to hear what other projects may be underway to make this class even bigger