Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Thats a good looking '69 Camaro. I like that fact it has the correct style American Racing 200-S wheels on it. Many people bolt on Minilites when building historic big-bore sedans, but Minilites didn't actually begin appearing in the Trans-Am and A Sedan until 1969. Prior to that, many used Torque-Thrust style wheels. The 200-S wheels appeared on both the Shelby and Bud Moore factory Mustangs in 1969 in the early races, plus some of the privateer teams. But the Ford factory Mustangs switched to Minilites after a few rounds.

But I think the 200-S wheels are some of the nicest looking of the period wheels.
    Steve, one of the reasons they went away from the 200S(or Daisy) wheel was they had cracking problems and a few broke, the Minilite was new and also in magnesium and stronger so hence most went that way and the reason they became so popular back then!! but you are correct, the early gen 1 Camaro's look so good on 200S's and that's why I have Arrow 200S daisy's on my Mustang because in 69 that's what they ran, 70 onwards was mostly Minilites.

Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images