Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John A View Post
    Congratulations to all for providing some very entertaining racing at the weekend. The "close formation" lap at the end of the last race was an excellent idea.
    Thanks for noticing John A, as much as this event is about the historic cars its also about entertainment for the paying public and to thank the flaggies and safely crews, to my amazement the fences were lined with cheers and clapping so figured most thought it was cool, glad you enjoyed it and we'll do the same again after Sundays last race!! Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Thanks for noticing John A, as much as this event is about the historic cars its also about entertainment for the paying public and to thank the flaggies and safely crews, to my amazement the fences were lined with cheers and clapping so figured most thought it was cool, glad you enjoyed it and we'll do the same again after Sundays last race!! Dale M
    Dale,

I run a guest mechanic program over these two weekends and John A was the lucky winner last week. Fortunately as we had no issues the most technically challenging task all weekend was eating lunch! As a result John had far too much time on his hands having time to watch formation laps instead of waiting back in the pits ready to spring into action like a real mechanic!

This weekend, despite his CV including Formula 1, Indycars and Le Mans, not to mention running some kid called Andretti in F/Atlantic, John A unfortunately didn't make the cut for the guest spot so please don't get his hopes up.