Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    This race car is a hell-off a deal at $19500USD, infact I doubt its still available(but please check) I see this Mustang is on the east coast in Connecticut(probably under 6 foot of snow at the moment), I have good contacts with the owner of Cobra Automotive so if anyone is keen here in NZ I can help hook them up.

Dale M
    According to my US sources - not tomato sauces - this Mustang has been sold to a skidder in Finland. There was also another Camaro like mine sold to Europe very recently where the seller offered the Camaro for one price, and each individual accompanying log book for another, per book. The log books have no value if you are just going to run the car in a Mickey Duck anything goes class, but they create a lot of value if you run in a proper `historic' type class anywhere in the world .....

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    According to my US sources - not tomato sauces - this Mustang has been sold to a skidder in Finland. There was also another Camaro like mine sold to Europe very recently where the seller offered the Camaro for one price, and each individual accompanying log book for another, per book. The log books have no value if you are just going to run the car in a Mickey Duck anything goes class, but they create a lot of value if you run in a proper `historic' type class anywhere in the world .....
    Its amazing Steve the amount of historic American saloons going to Europe as historic racing is having huge growth currently over their, we are lucky though our various USA contacts to have down here what we do but it won't get any easier in the future!!

Rod(Grimwood) thanks for the kind words, growing pains I tell you!! but atleast people are getting the essence of what we're about. one thing I've noticed is the amount of "no show gunnas" out there but I guess thats always been in NZ motorsport, oh well!! will press on with those that actually want to do it!! Life is GOOD

A few of us went down to Christchurch on Wednesday for a reasonably successful meeting with those on the mainland that are keen to see HMC and HSC in that part of the country, time will tell.

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    Thats a good point Steve, the value of an old race car is often dictated by its racing history. A factory built race car will invariably command greater value than one built by a privateer team, but among the privateer teams, its the races the cars contested that bring about their values. Eg, in US sedan racing during the late 1960s through early '70s, SCCA A/Sedan rules covered everything from regional races and championships through to the high-profile Trans-Am series. If a car raced in the Trans-Am series, that makes it eligible to now race with the Historic Trans-Am group, which ultimately adds a premium to its value, even if it only ever contested 2 Trans-Am races in period, and finished last.

The Trans-Am fields were mostly made up of local privateer teams who just ran with the Trans-Am when it came to town, to try and win a few bucks prize money. So that privateer team might have contested regional A/Sedan events against similar local cars, but if that privateer team then entered their A/Sedan in a Trans-Am race, then that car now will likely have a much greater value than similar local privateer cars that didn't contest any Trans-Am races.