Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Latest HMC E-Mailout

Hi HMC Guys

Just brief mailout, still plenty happening behind the scene's, will keep you posted as these come to lite!! though the Steve Holmes article in NZV8 last month i've had considerable interest NZ wide, infact several from the South Island rang about HMC down that way!! early days yet.

As with any rules and reg's, determining what they mean can be frustrating so he's a couple of items i've had to touch on!!

1 - Can i use a 67/9 Camaro Cowl bonnet on my 70/73 Camaro? Answer: No you can't, under Important Note(1) A vehicle may be modified to utilize the period variations within the manufacturer’s model body shell!! so that been the case a 70 to 73 Camaro never came from the Factory NEW as a Standard Series Production Vehicle with a Cowl Bonnet, this is a different "Model Body Shell" from a 67/9.

2 - Can i use 60 Profile Tyres on my Mustang? Answer: Sure can, the Minium tyre Profile is 50 Series, if you want to go larger this is no problem but you cannot use a Tyre any lower than 50 Profile(EG, 45, 40, 35 Profile)..

3 - A Factory Capri Perana V8 only came with 13" wheels, does that mean my Capri Perana replica can only use 14 wheels? Answer: No, any over 3L Historic Muscle Car that came factory with 12, 13 and 14" Wheels can upsize straight to 15" but you still must use a 50 Profile tyre and you cannot chop the guards to fit, only the arch/wing pressing folded into the wheel arch may be deformed, but not removed, to give clearance to the tyres.

4 - Can i race my AC Cobra Replica with you guys? Answer: No, and for several reasons, a Cobra Replica is not a "Standard Series Production Vehicle" its a kit car!!! and also the real ones where made from aluminium not fibreglass(mostly) and if fitted any engine other than a SB or BB Ford this also would not be correct.

5 - Can i race my Triumph Stag V8 with HMC?, Answer: Yes you can, Vehicles other than American or Australian are welcome, all safety requirements must meet MSNZ and also must comply to HMC rules

6 - Can i race my 911 Porsche 3.4L with HMC?, Answer: No as no rear engine vehicles are allowed, but if your Porsche is one of the Front engine V8 rear wheel drive vehicles then this is OK

Please feel free to E-Mail or PH myself or Tony Roberts if you have a question or don't understand a ruling, where here to help!!

Had this You Tube Video sent to me by Craig Stacey, this is what HMC is all about, have a good look, if you think the bump at Hampton is bad, you won't too race here!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XkBP...embedded#at=46

Also, see attachment for this Article written in May's Hemmings Classic Car by its American writer that was Hampton Downs for the Amon Event, very good exposure for Hampton Downs US wide and as you will read, it was the 60's Saloon's that impressed.

Once again though Steve Holmes we will have some up and coming features on HMC cars, and their owners in various magazines over the winter period, all with a push aimed towards next Januarys BMW Festival. If you want to feature yourself and Vehicle for HMC please contact Steve enquiries@monsterracewear.co.nz he will also be setting up a HMC Website in the coming months so info for this will be required.

Steve currently has new online forum up and running http://www.theroaringseason.com/ click on, have a look and put up some postings, lots of great info.

And one final item, to race with HMC you will be require joining Historic Racing Club(HRC) for a small fee of $50, click on here http://www.grandprix.org.nz/Contact_Us.wse and then too "Membership application form press here" a small price to pay to join a great club.

Keep Warm

Cheers
    Dale Mathers
    Tauranga, NZ
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 05-21-2011 at 07:33 AM.