Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Great news Dale. Can't wait to see these cars in action & hopefully some new competitors will come out to play if they know that there wont be any biffo involved. I enjoy watching the Central Muscle Cars but they suffer some major damage from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel watts View Post
    Great news Dale. Can't wait to see these cars in action & hopefully some new competitors will come out to play if they know that there wont be any biffo involved. I enjoy watching the Central Muscle Cars but they suffer some major damage from time to time.
    Nigel, Central is great class for the spectators to watch and enjoy!! they certainly have some wild machinery in that group!! lots of sideways action etc, but it has really turned in a semi professional race class along the lines of the Australian Bianti/Auto Barn Cars!! where as myself and others at HMC are more about Old Cars and Historic Racing where winning aint so important!!

Dale Mathers

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Nigel, Central is great class for the spectators to watch and enjoy!! they certainly have some wild machinery in that group!! lots of sideways action etc, but it has really turned in a semi professional race class along the lines of the Australian Bianti/Auto Barn Cars!! where as myself and others at HMC are more about Old Cars and Historic Racing where winning aint so important!!

Dale Mathers
    Dale, you are always very diplomatic in your references to the present day Central Musclecar which is at it should be. Clearly the class has grown and in some respects grown a little too "libre" for many, including myself. I liken it a bit to the South Island's OSCA formula (I exaggerate a little!) while up North we were all being treated to beautiful American cars like Fahey's Mustang and Coppins Camaro etc.

I like your class's new slogan "the cars are the stars". You have shown in the past with your beautiful orange Boss that it's possible to have a period correct (well close to) car that looks great and is driven quick and clean. The CMC in some ways looks today like a bunch of guys who have moved up from Holden HQ or speedway superstocks. Car presentation is often rude and driving standards to match. Maybe we can see some great action in the next few years with the new class if some US and Australian drivers come over.