Page 17 of 93 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

I got this photo from Allan Dick. Its these cars and this sort of driving that inspired the creation of HMC. What more can you say!

Name:  23883_106960676130573_1630730085_n.jpg
Views: 1774
Size:  113.7 KB

[/QUOTE

An extra 3db is twice the power[/QUOTE]

I was taught 6dB was double....
    Anyway Hampton Downs hosted the classic and post-classic bikes this Labour Weekend. The pom bikes (and sidecars) were noticeably and painfully louder than their 70s Japanese racing counterparts. I would have thought that many of them were in the 100dB + zone so what is the policy at HD, and is there a hard and fast one?

I have never felt the need to put fingers in ears with American V8 cars at a few paces but these old Nortons, Triumphs etc would tweak your eardrums in pitlane as they roared down the straight or warmed up in pitlane. It was one time I would have liked noise restrictions to be enforced.

Interesting point! I also found the bikes noisy in pit lane at the Roycroft meeting. Part of that excessive noise was probably because the sound was being bounced off the concrete garages and pit wall.

As far as I am aware, there is no specific noise restriction at Hampton Downs. When purchasing an apartment, it was made clear that owners were not able to object to the noise from the track, nor any adverse conditions caused by either the prison or the landfill site.

At an off site meeting (held in one of the industrial units, a few years ago) even one or two BMW E30's that were practicising, were causing problems, but an empty concrete shell is not an ideal meeting venue...

By the way folks, its Dale's birthday today. Thanks to all the long hours he puts in working on HMC, he is now older than he looks, so send him your best wishes! Ha ha ha.

Well we fired the Camaro up this afternoon, and if anything is going to keep me motivated to get it ready for January, listening to that certainly does it for me! Best you get tuning that Mustang Dale!

Thats good fighting talk there Steve! When are you taking it for a spin around the block? I'm sure the neighbours won't mind.

No I won`t be taking it around the block Steve. I`ll concentrate on doing what needs doing and aim for a day at Hampton Downs late November. If it goes half as good as it sounds, I`ll be stoked!

Make sure you take a camera and film it Steve. Will be great to see! I'm really looking forward to seeing the car for the first time. Dale says its a real stunner, and you know how high his standards are.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    By the way folks, its Dale's birthday today. Thanks to all the long hours he puts in working on HMC, he is now older than he looks, so send him your best wishes! Ha ha ha.
    For all those that E-mailed me direct thanks!! was busier than hell yesterday and had one after the other coming in!! but i do appreciate it all guys.

NOW, whats this i hear, he starts the damn engine now he's going to kick my butt around Hampton!! he's forgottin one thing, the distributor is at the wrong end of the engine so good luck, LOL. Just enter it in the show and shine Steve you might have a chance there, LOL

Dale M

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray Maunder View Post
    [/QUOTE

An extra 3db is twice the power
    I was taught 6dB was double............??

3dB = twice the power
    6dB = twice the amplitude

One all

Interesting that once engines are started up the competitive feeling comes out.............

It is spring time John, the competitive spirit is starting to come out in us all, LOL

This is Aussie(ex Kiwi) Shane Wilsons 70 Mustang TA car that will be making the trip to NZ for Denny Hulme!! tuff car.

Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Man, that looks awesome! It'll look good on track at Hampton Downs in January with Grant Aitkens similar car, although one of them might have to change to #16!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    It is spring time John, the competitive spirit is starting to come out in us all, LOL

This is Aussie(ex Kiwi) Shane Wilsons 70 Mustang TA car that will be making the trip to NZ for Denny Hulme!! tuff car.

Dale M
    That is a fantastic looking machine.

Got my ticket - can't wait to see all these roaring beasts on the track

Some HMC inspiration!

Name:  R side T AM 70 002.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  105.2 KB

Looks like Riverside raceway, Los Angeles to me, went there once in 1981!! when you count the race cars there's only 15 in the picture and yet it looks a full grid!! the good ol days with all muscle cars!! think gas in the US was around 10cents a gallon back them(1970)

Dale M

I think these are the tail enders Dale, most of the Camaros are long gone!

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    I think these are the tail enders Dale, most of the Camaros are long gone!
    Think your rite Steve, "Long gone into the pits for repairs" i'd say, LOL

Dale M

And of course the Javelins were only just fast enough to be the pace car .........