Page 23 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

How did you come to see it Bruce. Just there at the right time huh.

Roll on next Thursay - we will be ensconsed at the track and waiting for the action to commence

Come on Bruce, less mystery, more history! It`s blue, the distributor is at the wrong end of the engine, tell Mike and the rest of them.....

That belongs on the poetry thread. You have hidden talents. (Very well hidden)

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    Come on Bruce, less mystery, more history! It`s blue, the distributor is at the wrong end of the engine, tell Mike and the rest of them.....

I've been sprung Mike. I bought the Mustang from a friend in Texas. It was too nice to pass up, and pretty close to being ready to run with the HMC, Unfortunately shipping delays mean it is only just available. I will have it at HD though. That was always the intention. I have some 15 inch wheels and Blue Streaks due in the country soon.

Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    How did you come to see it Bruce. Just there at the right time huh.

Roll on next Thursay - we will be ensconsed at the track and waiting for the action to commence

That is one grouse looking car Bruce. A really great addition to the shed and the race track in due course. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce302 View Post
    That belongs on the poetry thread. You have hidden talents. (Very well hidden)
    Ha ha ha, thats the funniest thing I've read in ages!

Heres a few pictures from todays practice at Hampton Downs. The Rorison Mustang ran great with a few minor issues for a brand new car. It will be on display and for Demos at the Festival.

Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Steve Elliott had a fantastic run in his genuine HMC Historic USA A-Sedan 68 Camaro, sounded great with almost open exhausts and attacted quite a following, im sure i saw him signing autographs at one stage during the today and this ain't even a race meeting!!!

Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 01-12-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Yes Dale, it was a good day yesterday, more so in that I wanted to get used to the Camaro - and it`s got some seriously aggressive issues, yeah hah!!! - but also I can not believe the amount of the people that were there that just love these muscle cars. Guys like Lance Humphreys and David Graham that are both visitors to this site, to the average Joe Public, I mean it was only a practice day and I only ran the Camaro at 60% on buggered tyres, it`s pretty amazing the following that HMC has developed. I got as much enjoyment yesterday talking and joking with people- most whom I never knew- as I did doing some skids. As Tony Roberts said to us both yesterday the festival ticket sales are going strong so I think it`s going to be big............. and tell Mike Coory to sell that bloody Nissan shitbox and get a real car!
    Last edited by fullnoise68; 01-12-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    Yes Dale, it was a good day yesterday, more so in that I wanted to get used to the Camaro - and it`s got some seriously aggressive issues, yeah hah!!! - but also I can not believe the amount of the people that where there that just love these muscle cars. Guys like Lance Humphreys and David Graham that are both visitors to this site, to the average Joe Public, I mean it was only a practice day and I only ran the Camaro at 60% on buggered tyres, it`s pretty amazing the following that HMC has developed. As Tony Roberts said to us both yesterday the festival ticket sales are going strong so I think it`s going to be big.............
    Yes it was great to see these beasts up close and personal. Thanks Steve for allowing me to spend some time with you reminiscing about the good old racing days and hearing more about my old work mate Frank. Even though you trundled around at 60% the noise and attitude of the car was just something special. Bring 'em all back I say. You guys are going to put on a great show next weekend thats for sure. And Dale thanks also for the time you gave me. Got a real insight into what you guys are trying to achieve and really appreciate the efforts of all. It's kind of got me by the goolies!!!! I may have to have some serious discussion with my Home Executive!! Cheers Dave

I've got a little six year old that use to want my old sh.tbox Nissan until he saw the real thing out there on Fridays practice. Now he only speaks of Mustangs and Camaro's. Fantastic to see them running and there's a heap of us eagerly waiting for next weekend to roll around. Hats off to all you guys preparing and putting them out there for the next generation to see what real cars are all about.

Thanks Limezed, did you get any photos of either my Camaro or Dale in Mike Rorisons Mustang out on the track at all?

Sorry Steve, no shots of you or Dale in action. Too busy grinning from ear to ear! I'm sure there will be heaps floating about the web this time next week. Cheers Karl.

Glad to read it all went good Steve, the old 60% ah, don't give too much away. Down on Thurs afo so will catch you at track.
    Dale says you doing autographs, or were you ordering next weekends lunchs.

OK, HMC will be celebrating the career of Kiwi racing legend Rod Coppins at the 2013 Gulf Denny Hulme NZFMR, and several of Rods family members will be attending the event. As per the Paul Fahey, Dennis Marwood, and Jim Richards posters, there will also be Rod Coppins posters available at the HMC marquee. Rod raced a great many cars in his career, so narrowing them down was a bit of a challenge, but ultimately it had to be muscle car related. Monster Race Wear designed the poster, while the photos were supplied by Steve Twist and Terry Marshall.

Name:  Rod Coppins Poster.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  136.7 KB

Excellent work Steve, I think they`ll get snapped up pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    OK, HMC will be celebrating the career of Kiwi racing legend Rod Coppins at the 2013 Gulf Denny Hulme NZFMR, and several of Rods family members will be attending the event. As per the Paul Fahey, Dennis Marwood, and Jim Richards posters, there will also be Rod Coppins posters available at the HMC marquee. Rod raced a great many cars in his career, so narrowing them down was a bit of a challenge, but ultimately it had to be muscle car related. Monster Race Wear designed the poster, while the photos were supplied by Steve Twist and Terry Marshall.

Name:  Rod Coppins Poster.jpg
Views: 1101
Size:  136.7 KB
    Hope that you are bringing a heap of them Steve. They will prove very popular. Great work.

Thanks guys, glad you like 'em! Joining HMC for the first time at the 2013 NZFMR, will be Leo Leonard. This is especially exciting for me, Leo was my first motorsport hero! These posters will also be available, for Leo to sign. Photos kindly donated by Terry Marshall.

Name:  Leo Leonard Poster.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  133.1 KB

And please everyone, when you meet Steve at the festival thank him for this and all the work he puts into HMC by doing these posters and magazine articles and other behind the scene work, all unpaid voluntary because like me we luv our old motorsport saloon history and the hero drivers that made it happen.

Dale M