Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Offcour$e John, LOL but the whole idea of HMC is having our Saloon car class rules, semi alighed with the rest of the world, well Aust, USA, GB anyway, but been able to buy a vehicle from the USA helps fast track ones ability to get onto the track!! same with Aussie, one can buy a Group Nc Historic saloon and its legal rite from the get go!! we welcome these aditions to HMC and long may it continue.

Dale M

Weekend Warrior
    Don't they say in motorsport " It's only money"! Best plan is to spend someone elses......I'm still working on that part of the plan
    Last edited by richiev8; 02-17-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Weekend Warrior
    Name:  IMG_1066.JPG
Views: 1304
Size:  41.5 KBName:  IMG_1067.JPG
Views: 1307
Size:  41.2 KB

Bought these off a Mate, thought they were GN111, dont think so. Probably as old as the car

Pretty sure they are Richie, just very early style by the looks. The pistons look non staggered(all same size) if so im sure they are!!

Dale M

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Pretty sure they are Richie, just very early style by the looks. The pistons look non staggered(all same size) if so im sure they are!!

Dale M
    Cheers Dale,

The mounts are different to the newer ones. Yes you are correct, non staggered pistions, are the new ones staggered ?
    Hopefully they are well trained

Quote Originally Posted by richiev8 View Post
    But not legal
    Nah I don't think that'd be an issue though Richie, the car is priced at over US$300K, and is an important piece in Trans-Am history, so I can't see it ever leaving the US anyway. I just posted it because I think its a great looking car.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Not quite true Steve, not legal for HMC, but would be legal to race in with other odd ball Historic vehicles, this car would get a Schedule K CoD, and would also get a FIA HTP, its a classy peice of history.
    Roger

Yep, thats true Roger, an amazing piece of history, although to my mind this car will probably never leave the US, because its so important there.

In the case of HMC rules, there are some exceptions, these being cars with NZ racing history, ie, the Coppins Firebird, Marwood Camaro, etc, that actually raced in period up until 1973, can be presented as they raced in period. This is similar to the laws in Australia regarding Group Nc. Any original cars that actually competed in the Australian Touring Car Championship up to the end of 1972, ie, Pete Geoghegans GTA Mustang, Bob Janes HQ Monaro, Allan Moffats Mustang, Norm Beecheys Monaro etc, can race as they were in period, rather than to Nc rules. The reasoning behind this is that we're celebrating history, not trying to change it, and it'd be criminal to expect an original car to be changed to meet a set of modern historic regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Racer Rog View Post
    Not quite true Steve, not legal for HMC, but would be legal to race in with other odd ball Historic vehicles, this car would get a Schedule K CoD, and would also get a FIA HTP, its a classy peice of history.
    Roger
    You're correct Roger as this car would get a K-CoD or FIA HTP but to allow it to race with HMC we'd want windows, headlights and bumpers fitted, pretty much anything else we'd not be worried because of its "true" historic race history prior to our pre 12/77 T&C cut of date!! Steve Elliots Camaro is in the same boat and has history back to 74(correct Steve) and as Steve H say's, a vehicle we'd not likely to see down here because of its USA historic importance and/or cost. Though you never know as i see some spending more of there other non historic saloons that would make this Pontiac cheap!!LOL

Dale M

A great poster done by Steve Elliott's team
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Steve, you certainly have some hidden talents.
    Cheers Frosty

Thanks Dave, according to Bruce302 they are very well hidden!

Yes Steve, that is a great looking poster. I don't think we need to stir the Aussies up I think they are more keen to push their cars than our HMC competitors are. Should be great events.

Maybe we could get a tour through the Fataz engine building facility and any other race car builders around the area. I believe that Dick Johnson's facilities aren't too far away and he has some of his old cars there.

Maybe Steve Emson could arrange for us to look over Dick's XC Couple (True Blu) that featured on the Coupe thread and that Steve has driven on ocassions.
    Last edited by kiwi285; 02-23-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Mike, don`t panic, it`s early days yet and going to DJR is one of the things we`ll work on. It all depends on which trip for either of the two events stack ups interest wise and what our time over there will permit.

Heres a Australian recent article on Ian(Woody) Woodwards 70 Pontiac firebird, beautiful race car. Dale M

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Heres a Australian recent article on Ian(Woody) Woodwards 70 Pontiac firebird, beautiful race car. Dale M
    Hi Dale, what mag is the article in?

Cheers

Richie, its December 2012 Gasoline magazine out of Brisbane!!

Dale M

I can't recall a better looking white car and the poster looks really cool, looks like it's had some tasty photoshop effects. It's enough to make you look forward to classic Lakeside in July. Classic cars, classic track. Maybe a prize for the most evocative shot of musclecars at Lakeside would be in order.

Off to Hampton for this weekends "Legends" event, numbers are down due to many clashing dates(Westerns Springs International, LeadFoot, Beach Hop) but will still fun. Dale M

Dale,

Is the Rorison car going to run this time ?