Page 36 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Great post Dave. Just start a new thread (which it deserves) and post it again.
    Refer State of NZ Motorsport? MK 2

The latest HMC project, which recently landed in New Zealand, and sent off to be built up at Sonic Race & Machine by Mike Anderson. Awesome Plymouth 'Cuda. Its got a nice body, with very little rust. Not sure if any final decisions have been made on the final spec, but its possible it'll get a big Hemi. Won't that sound great!

Name:  DSCF2434.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  157.7 KB

Name:  DSCF2431.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  132.9 KB

Steve,
    if it gets a big hemi it will not be any good Gordon Spice race a hemi cuda in the Uk and it was an undesteering pig. they took thr hemi out and put a 340 in and it was competitive

They said the same thing abouts Moffats Mustang with the 302 and the 351. Dales Mustang went pretty good last Friday with its 402!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 928 View Post
    Steve,
    if it gets a big hemi it will not be any good Gordon Spice race a hemi cuda in the Uk and it was an undesteering pig. they took thr hemi out and put a 340 in and it was competitive
    Yep, true, but the Cuda Gordon Spice drove ran under Group 1B regulations, which were pretty strict, and it was limited to wearing quite skinny wheels, which wouldn't have helped. One of the Gurney AAR Cuda's found its way to France in 1971 and this car was also fitted with a Hemi, and I believe it was more successful, as it ran to Group 2 rules, which allowed more freedoms, including much wider wheels. But you're right, its a big old lump of ballast to carry over the front wheels. But HMC is really only about having fun, so it'll be a cool car either way, but Mike will get it running pretty well.

Weekend Warrior
    Go the Hemi, that has the cool factor!!! Great work

Fantastic news - just what the class needs - a dose of variety to keep all the punters interested. Now all we need is a Mercury Cougar or Cyclone, a Dodge Challenger or a Chevvy Nova.

Something like this would look great in HMC?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Something like this would look great in HMC?
    Check out this site if you haven't already. Gorgeous cars. www.trans-amseries.com

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Fantastic news - just what the class needs - a dose of variety to keep all the punters interested. Now all we need is a Mercury Cougar or Cyclone, a Dodge Challenger or a Chevvy Nova.
    And don't forget a Falcon Sprint!

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    They said the same thing abouts Moffats Mustang with the 302 and the 351. Dales Mustang went pretty good last Friday with its 402!!!
    Bit off a typo there Steve!!!

302 Dale

402ci sounds about right to me Dale. The only typo was that he forgot to mention your Procharger for an extra 100hp.

This is Craig Jacksons Cuda

These Historic Trans-Am pics are awesome Dale. Got any more?

I'm currently working on an indepth article for The Roaring Season on the AAR Cuda's and Autodynamics Challengers that raced in the Trans-Am in 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    402ci sounds about right to me Dale. The only typo was that he forgot to mention your Procharger for an extra 100hp.
    Narrr, got Nitrous hidden in the rollcage, LOL!!

Have shit loads of pictures from the last 10 years of doing most USA Historic events!! will post some up from time to time!! The ones i took of the Jackson Cuda was when i was thinking about building one, bought a 70 Cuda even but hence it got sold, then went and bought John Watkins 70 Mustang FB open track car just recently, will bring this back to NZ, rollcage and a few other items it'll be a great HMC car.

Dale M

Dale M

Has anyone picked up the latest Australian Muscle Car mag? its got a fantastic write up on the Historic saloon racing scene over there and how they started, etc!! exactly what we're trying to achieve with HMC. There attention to detail is amazing.

Dale M

Understeer is fixed with the right hand peddle isn't it, Check out how Steve conteracts for it in his Camaro (302).

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    And don't forget a Falcon Sprint!
    Always be keeping my eye out for one of those beauties.

On a more serious note, spare a thought for Craig Staceys brother Paul, who has only just returned home from a lengthy stay in hospital following quite a severe illness, and faces a long road to recovery. Paul is an avid HMC man, and is booked on the Lakeside supporters trip which Craig tells me is now a `wait and see'. All the best with your recovery Paul.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Understeer is fixed with the right hand peddle isn't it, Check out how Steve conteracts for it in his Camaro (302).
    I always thought it was caused by a lack of horsepower