Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Yeah Tony, thats right, especially with a 302 Ford, not with a 302 Chev!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    This is Craig Jacksons Cuda
    Those Cuda's are really neat looking cars along with the Cougars. Variety is the spice of life.

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    On a more serious note, spare a thought for Craig Staceys brother Paul, who has only just returned home from a lengthy stay in hospital following quite a severe illness, and faces a long road to recovery. Paul is an avid HMC man, and is booked on the Lakeside supporters trip which Craig tells me is now a `wait and see'. All the best with your recovery Paul.
    I am real sorry to hear that as I am booked to go to Lakeside with Paul. I will be pulling for you to make it back to full health - I know the problems involved in this situation.

Cheers Mike

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    On a more serious note, spare a thought for Craig Staceys brother Paul, who has only just returned home from a lengthy stay in hospital following quite a severe illness, and faces a long road to recovery. Paul is an avid HMC man, and is booked on the Lakeside supporters trip which Craig tells me is now a `wait and see'. All the best with your recovery Paul.
    Thanks for the update Steve. I hope Paul makes a speedy recovery. He is a neat guy, like all the Stacey clan, a really nice person.

Next Friday the eight cars going to race in Queensland get loaded into the shipping containers for the trip across the Tasman. People talk about a `bucket list' in life. There are plenty of `gunnas' in this world, and for a class which is basically a little over a year old, to get 8 guys to commit to a trip like is great. The `grey hairs and four gears' racing group are all looking forward to it.

Had this great E-mail come though from Australia, shows the interest we are going to get over there. Dale M

I just wanted to send a quick note to say I've followed the HMC thread on the roaring season and would like to say congrads to yourself and Steve Holmes (I'm sure there are others also) for getting this class up and running in such a short time frame.

I'm following with interest here on the Gold Coast (Yes another Kiwi across the ditch)and are looking forward QR and Lakeside to see the cars.

I'll come introduce myself at QR as I will be there on the Friday with my car (attached - Turn 1 at Eastern Creek-) and have got a bunch of old NZ race car pics you might like to take a look at. Mostly as Levels. I remember thumbing through the album as a kid just loving the look of the PDL 1 in its early days and Coppins Pontiac etc Cars that look fast and tough just sitting still!

Are you bringing any of the T shirts and Posters across?

I'm sure you are all over it but QR is real hard on brakes and Lakeside is fun but very unforgiving. Way too many cars get damaged there...

Regards
    Kyle Hallet

Cars all loaded up today and Brisbane bound. The 4 loaded up in Auckland are Murray Brown 70 Camaro, Steve Elliott 68 Camaro, Craig Stacy 71 Javelin and Nigel MacDonald 67 Mustang
    Attached Images Attached Images      

And the 4 cars loaded in Tauranga are Dean Cameron 65 Mustang, Pete Stevenson 65 Mustang, Dale Mathers 69 Mustang and Kevin Gimblett 67 Camaro. The boat sails Sunday. Let the FUN begin

Our little kiwi mascot `Small Block' is going to be raffled off over the two meetings by the Australian Trans Am Association, with the proceeds going to `Canteen' which is for young people with cancer. We will all sign it along with Jim Richards and he will draw the winner and present it to them.

Off to Aus tomorrow avo, im sure the weekend will be fun!! hopefully next week we'll have some pics to add to this post!!

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Off to Aus tomorrow avo, im sure the weekend will be fun!! hopefully next week we'll have some pics to add to this post!!

Dale M

Hey best of luck guys and girls, and look forward to pics.

Make sure Dean looks after our old Mustang mate. Give my regards to all over there drivers expats and especially.Steve Emson.

Here you go guys, footage from a great weekends racing at Queensland Raceway. Still tryin to get home, more info and pics to come.

Dale M

3 mins in - good skill by all - those that were close and avoided any incident and the man behind the wheel - well done.

Great stuff guys fantastic to watch.

But only 800hp Dale, you'll have to work on that.

We are just waiting for Dales race weekend report!

No report but a few pics at the moment. Dale

While Dale gets his thinking cap on, on a personal note I`d like to thank Anthony Tenkate for putting a deal together for a minibus for four of us HMC guys and our wifes/crew, Tony Haskins for a hell of a lot of work behind the scenes for everyone involved, and to Jim Richards for his minibus track tour showing us kiwis how to get around Queensland Raceway - which in itself was a bit of humour on and off the ripple strips! I`d also like to thank all the different Aussies that tried to help me find another right rear axle to get the Camaro going again, it wasn`t for the lack of trying. I`ve just ordered some from the USA so we`ll be underway for Lakeside in July.

So there was a comment in the video from the Aussies about the different specs in the cars - so what is the differences? Or has this been posted already and I have just skipped it/not found it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by nzeder View Post
    So there was a comment in the video from the Aussies about the different specs in the cars - so what is the differences? Or has this been posted already and I have just skipped it/not found it yet.
    Basically they are 200/300KG's lighter than our HMC cars due to alloy heads, no door glass, winders, lights, etc and some fibreglass panels, but they're also restricted to 350CI engines on 11:1 with 98 pump gas so about 570HP stops them. Were on the other hand we can have bigger engines on Av-Gas with 12:1 but have to use cast iron heads and full steel panels and full trim. So its swings and round about's for both groups but most importantly we are all on the same tyre and the cars have the appearance of been identical.

I though the racing was very even with the exception of the two front running Aussie cars of English and Palmer, both ex Bathurst drivers in leased cars with a home track advantage!! Myself and English were the only two in the 1:21's which im told is quick?

Long may it continue.

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 06-26-2013 at 04:44 AM.