Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Some in-Car from Steve Elliotts 68 A-Sedan Camaro at QR last weekend. Dale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MR-whZ_ZR9I

Well it sounds like the Kiwis helped put on a great show with the Aussie TransAms at QR at the weekend. Those of us lucky enough to be going for the second leg at Lakeside have something to look forward to at this iconic old sixties track.

To pay tribute to this great TransTasman challenge I've put together a video of the class taken mainly from the second Friday of the Denny Hulme meeting at Hampton Downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Some in-Car from Steve Elliotts 68 A-Sedan Camaro at QR last weekend. Dale

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MR-whZ_ZR9I
    Hi Steve, loved that "quickstep dance" entering the front straight. Awesome, just bloody awesome

Thanks Dave, the track was still greasy, no wets, no power steering, it was ok. Jim Richards taking us all around QR in the mini bus late Friday helped get used to the lines, and he`s going to do the same at Lakeside. A bit disappointing snapping the rear axle in the first race - and being in sixth place - but no drama really. Allan Simonsen lost his life at Le Mans that same Saturday night, I only broke an axle..... I guess you have to keep things in perspective.

Weekend Warrior
    Hi, Looks like heaps of fun. How do you find no power steering ?

Dale reckons it`s costing me 1 - 2 seconds a lap, being a telly tubby is probably another 2 seconds, but I`m happy with how it goes!.

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    Dale reckons it`s costing me 1 - 2 seconds a lap, being a telly tubby is probably another 2 seconds, but I`m happy with how it goes!.
    Thanks, It would be interesting to actually know. I have a mate who runs in CMC, he's ones of the faster one and no power steering.........
    No pump and lines save a bit of weight over the front of the car....

Cheers Richie