Page 42 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Thanks Steve you're a bloody legend, i can only imagine the hours that you have put into organising every detail. A totally professional job all round, you have set one helluva high benchmark.
    I can fully endorse what Paul has said - the arrangements were first class and I can't think of anything that you forgot. All the recipients of Steve's thoughtfulness were absolutely blown away. Just ask the Jones boys. All we needed was for the bloody Aussie taxi buses to actually arrive. They were two hours late in finally picking us up so there were some bleary eyes at 6.30 on Sunday morning and the guys had to race. It was bad enough just spectating.

Mike

Can anyone help identify this character. Was seen lurking around in a Media vest.Name:  hmc aussie 005 (Large).jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  110.2 KB

Jeez he looks dodgy. Better phone that mobile number and sign him up !

Here are some of my photos of the Fahey car - looked just as I remembered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Javman View Post
    Can anyone help identify this character. Was seen lurking around in a Media vest.Name:  hmc aussie 005 (Large).jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  110.2 KB
    I would say by the look on his face that he was surprised by another dodgy character

After looking at Dewi's video I would have to ask where else in the southern hemisphere could you see a field of 24 historic 1960's V8 muscle cars on track together and their driver giving them a bit of wellie to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Fantastic video here put together by Dewi Jones, from the Australian Trans-Am Association. Awesome work Dewi! Turn up the volume folks:

Like I said in a previous post if this is pure heaven I ain't going nowhere, this confirms it I ain't going nowhere! Now where is that rich bachelor uncle of mine....!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    I would say by the look on his face that he was surprised by another dodgy character
    Mmmmm.... shady characters!!!!

The Goeghegan / Coppins Mustang on a period transporter

Iwan and Dewi Jones

Most of the boisterous crew of the good ship HMC

The Sheila's - who kept the rest of us in check

Jimmy Richards note to the teacher for Dewi Jones's absence

Last edited by kiwi285; 07-27-2013 at 06:17 AM.

[QUOTE=kiwi285;31257]The Goeghegan / Coppins Mustang on a period transporter/QUOTE]

That is the actual Allan Moffat race transporter from back in the day.

Nigel MacDonald leads the pack with ATA sponsor Anthony Tenkate next to him.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 07-30-2013 at 08:30 PM.

This is also a good one, Steve Malam in Murray Browns 70 Camaro with Craig Stacey(Javelin) next to him coming thu "Hungry" corner on the rolling start lap. Steve went on to win this race.

[QUOTE=GD66;31258]
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    The Goeghegan / Coppins Mustang on a period transporter/QUOTE]

That is the actual Allan Moffat race transporter from back in the day.
    Yes GD66, that is the "real" Moffat transporter, Bowdens used it to transport one of the Mustangs to Lakeside on the Sunday.

Great to see this irreplacable car being thrown around lakeside in under 60 sec!

A few more shots of a very memorable weekand at Lakeside.

The 1st few laps of the last race. And no I don't only take shots of mustangs, though the last pic may indicate I'm a
    little bias. I'm just waiting for some speed to rub off on my one....

Thanks again for a great weekends racing. Can't wait untill next time!

Hi Kyle, your green road car was probably more HMC compliant at Lakeside than the one it`s parked beside! Did you get any photos of my #41 Camaro? Good to catch up with you again and keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    Hi Kyle, your green road car was probably more HMC compliant at Lakeside than the one it`s parked beside! Did you get any photos of my #41 Camaro? Good to catch up with you again and keep in touch.
    Ouch!!!!

To all involved, Amazing photos, haven't viewed the video clip yet, Was supposed to be there, well Bellara is 45 minutes from Lakeside, but other commitments got in the way. Thanks, if there is another one next year, will make it. Remember a lot of the cars from my time in NZ, watching at Pukekohe mostly and at Baypark a few times from 1966 to mid to late 1970's.