Page 44 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Dale, is it true the front straight at Lakeside is soon to be re-named 'Mathers Straight' in your honour?
    Shit yeah, that would save them naming it after some of the `others' that have raced there in the past....... Jackie Stewart, Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Peter Brock, the Geoghegan brothers, Dick Johnson, etc. I think not ........
    Last edited by fullnoise68; 08-06-2013 at 11:56 PM.

Dale, is it true the front straight at Lakeside is soon to be re-named 'Mathers Straight' in your honour?
    Wait till you see some of the onboard video footage of Dale smokin some very quick Aussies!

Dale uses his 800!! ponies to good effect in the first race at Lakeside on Saturday July 20th. Dale would point out that those sticky Avons were working great in the damp conditions to give him the run onto the straight but that's one very quick Boss!
    Last edited by Murray Maunder; 08-07-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Yes Murray, it`s all in multiples of 800!!! 800 horsepower running on $800 per tyre Avons puts you 800 metres ahead of your team mates, but that`s all right. Back down the field my Camaro is drinking it`s $10.80 a litre fuel, knowing we are a bit under 300hp shy of Dales 800, but at the end of the day it depends on what you want out of life......... the limelight, or just the sheer enjoyment of doing skids in one of these cars!!!! wait for it, it`ll be hook, line, and sinker!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    Yes Murray, it`s all in multiples of 800!!! 800 horsepower running on $800 per tyre Avons puts you 800 metres ahead of your team mates, but that`s all right. Back down the field my Camaro is drinking it`s $10.80 a litre fuel, knowing we are a bit under 300hp shy of Dales 800, but at the end of the day it depends on what you want out of life......... the limelight, or just the sheer enjoyment of doing skids in one of these cars!!!! wait for it, it`ll be hook, line, and sinker!!!!
    Come on Dale, we are on the edge of our seats waiting.....

What was that great "Jim Richards" saying, "you all a pack of A#^&#*%S" LOL, no seriously this is all tongue and cheek, I got big shoulders, LOL.

BUT, it must be remembered that even though I managed to pick of a win or two it was one of those events were I just couldn't miss?, i'd say it was a one in ten year meeting for me where it just came together, buggered if I know why!! but all must understand that this HMC adventure was a team effort, if it wasn't for Steve and Dean doing a lot of organising it just wouldn't happen, Nigel, Pete, Steve M, Murray, Kevin, Craig and Paul, Mike Fiesst, Murray Maunder, Iwan and Dewi, all the wives, Rod Robertson for trucking our cars around and everyone else that pitched in, and the list goes on along with all the supporters and at Lakeside there was a shit load, and all the help from the Aussie's, can't take that away from them!! first or last we are all WINNERS and THIS, as Steve rightly points out is what HMC is all about.

NOW, its 1800HP remember so get off my case, LOL

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    What was that great "Jim Richards" saying, "you all a pack of A#^&#*%S" LOL, no seriously this is all tongue and cheek, I got big shoulders, LOL.

BUT, it must be remembered that even though I managed to pick of a win or two it was one of those events were I just couldn't miss?, i'd say it was a one in ten year meeting for me where it just came together, buggered if I know why!! but all must understand that this HMC adventure was a team effort, if it wasn't for Steve and Dean doing a lot of organising it just wouldn't happen, Nigel, Pete, Steve M, Murray, Kevin, Craig and Paul, Mike Fiesst, Murray Maunder, Iwan and Dewi, all the wives, Rod Robertson for trucking our cars around and everyone else that pitched in, and the list goes on along with all the supporters and at Lakeside there was a shit load, and all the help from the Aussie's, can't take that away from them!! first or last we are all WINNERS and THIS, as Steve rightly points out is what HMC is all about.

NOW, its 1800HP remember so get off my case, LOL

Dale M
    You bewdy!!!!!

Dale, have sent you a PM

Very depleted field at the first Aussie Trans-Am round since the aus vs nz challenge, only 9 or 10 cars made the grid! updates will be posted on the Australian Trans-Am Association thread...

P.s to all kiwi drivers, the photo cd's and video dvd's are ready. I'm just waiting on woody to get me some FATAZ stickers and my sticker guy to print off some more Dewi Jones Photography stickers to send aswell. Once I get them, they will be sent off

CanTeen charity (for kids with cancer) accepting the cheque for the funds raised from the saturday night function held at Lakeside with the kiwis!

Name:  IMG_5302.JPG
Views: 997
Size:  138.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by DewiAusTransAm View Post
    Very depleted field at the first Aussie Trans-Am round since the aus vs nz challenge, only 9 or 10 cars made the grid! updates will be posted on the Australian Trans-Am Association thread...

P.s to all kiwi drivers, the photo cd's and video dvd's are ready. I'm just waiting on woody to get me some FATAZ stickers and my sticker guy to print off some more Dewi Jones Photography stickers to send aswell. Once I get them, they will be sent off
    Thats not so bad Dewi, the previous 2 events made up for it!! some are probably "all raced out" as well as "cashed out".

Looking forward to viewing the DVD's you've put together!! you young fellas are just too good!! better save some spending money for Ferrari Festival next year i'd say!!

Gotta thank BIG Steve Elliott for the Canteen fund raising as well, what was it close to $5K? really a fantastic effort from all concerned!! blinked and eye and you had a bid, lots of great banter and humor and funds raised for a worthy cause!! ATA and HMC are more than just about the cars and owners, its a great cause to help those less fortunate.

Dale M

This got sent to me last week, its TV coverage from the Denny Hulme Festival earlier this year. The HMC race starts at about 4.40 mark but worth watching the Group A race as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZFM98e5UK8

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by DewiAusTransAm View Post

Dewi, the smaller events with less car numbers are the ideal events for new drivers/cars to make their first appearances, when there is less pressure and less around them to deal with. This latest event on the weekend had 2 new cars appear in ATA, so the class is in really good health.

Dewi, the smaller events with less car numbers are the ideal events for new drivers/cars to make their first appearances, when there is less pressure and less around them to deal with. This latest event on the weekend had 2 new cars appear in ATA, so the class is in really good health.
    I agree Steve.. a smaller grid was great for all the drivers, with a 100% finishing rate across the weekend, which is great for the category.. and even 9 or 10 cars was great, considering we just had the two biggest rounds ever for the category. A lot of new cars rolling in soon... another firebird, a cuda, many mustangs.. looking forward to be a part of the growth in trans-am and HMC aswell!!
    Last edited by DewiAusTransAm; 08-18-2013 at 01:39 AM.

I have been reading Autonews July1969 and Warrington Goode saying that we need to standardize Aus and NZ V8 saloons so we can have a Tasman Cup.
    Would be run over several tracks here and there.
    Now hows THAT for something to get your head around for then and today.
    We have standardized cars, we are visiting each other.....now how about a Tasman Cup.?

Update later- Doesnt look like we are standardized any more, goodbye to that idea.
    Was just confirmed by Woody, Jericho transaxle gearboxes are now in!!
    Transaxle??????????????
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 08-13-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    I have been reading Autonews July1969 and Warrington Goode saying that we need to standardize Aus and NZ V8 saloons so we can have a Tasman Cup.
    Would be run over several tracks here and there.
    Now hows THAT for something to get your head around for then and today.
    We have standardized cars, we are visiting each other.....now how about a Tasman Cup.?

Update later- Doesnt look like we are standardized any more, goodbye to that idea.
    Was just confirmed by Woody, Jericho transaxle gearboxes are now in!!
    Transaxle??????????????
    Sorry, typo, meant Transmission ahahaha... Jericho transmissions are now in.

Breath deep John, that will not happen. (transaxle)
    These guys have it worked out both sides of the water.

Another HMC car nearing completion, this awesome looking Pontiac Firebird should be up and running with HMC this season. The paint scheme is based on the car Jerry Titus ran in the Trans-Am at the end of 1968 and at Daytona 24 Hour in 1969. A great looking paint scheme, although this car, unlike the original Titus car, will be Pontiac powered, not Chevy powered.

More pics should be coming soon.

Name:  Pont2.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  82.5 KB

Name:  pont1.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  91.7 KB

Wow, great to see that in addition to a Plymouth Cuda we will have a Firebird on the tracks soon.
    Now after much shilly-shallying here's a video of the Lakeside weekend - "Thunder By the Lake" to follow up on Dewi's excellent effort.
    I can't recall a weekend of motorsport I have enjoyed more, great setting and a camaraderie absent in most forms of motorsport these days. Thanks to the Jones boys of Qld for their help with downloads and in-car cameras and to all the HMC and ATA guys who couldn't have been more approachable and helpful - you guys rock! Thanks also to legend JR and Mike of HealthHouse and anyone else I have forgotten.

Horn ! Ran it through a set of speakers, the sound is savage !!

A great weekend, hot racing and plenty of enthusiasm all round : congratulations, all.

That was a great video Murray. bring back good memories of a fantastic weekend.

Steve - who is the proud owner of the Firebird - this season is really looking like a cracker.