Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

This Gary Raiti's XA Falcon Coupe with minilites and Hoosiers fitted to meet HMC historic rules, Gary will be at the Festival. One would almost think Allan Moffat was at the wheel, LOL. Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Too bad about all the sign writing spoling the lines of the Car....just say'n

Weekend Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    This Gary Raiti's XA Falcon Coupe with minilites and Hoosiers fitted to meet HMC historic rules, Gary will be at the Festival. One would almost think Allan Moffat was at the wheel, LOL. Dale M
    Can a XA have a bonnet scoop in HMC ?

Quote Originally Posted by richiev8 View Post
    Can a XA have a bonnet scoop in HMC ?
    One is allowed the body components that came on that same make and model body style up to 12/77, in this case from XA thu to XC!!

Hows your project coming along Richie!!

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Too bad about all the sign writing spoling the lines of the Car....just say'n
    Its all in the eye of the beholder Horizon??????????

Im just happy to have this car in our group, makes a change from the Mustang, Camaro's we have.

Dale M

Weekend Warrior
    Great, I like the look
    Progress is been made, engine getting built, sadly need to keep busy with work to keep the race car fund alive, oh for sponsorship......

Does anyone have a copy or pics of the "Shell" logo that was seen on the headlights of many for the saloons from the early 70's!!

As always help appreciated

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 12-02-2013 at 05:34 AM.

Google `Shell Pecten Logo' Dale, they are all there. Bruce had some done for Rods Pontiac Firebird.

I have got period decals from this guy in the UK - he has a number of Shell versions (and lots of other stuff) :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_od...at=0&_from=R40

Other stuff :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/isaydingdo...1&_ipg=&_from=

On a positive note: Dave and Kens Sturrocks 67 Camaro making good progress!! not sure if they'll make the festival but 2015 for sure!! Dale M

This is from the latest Aussie "Motorsport Legends" magazine. Can email direct if you can't read it.

As a matter of interest, and although very early in the planning, HMC will most likely return to Australia and race with the ATA group again in June/July 2015 at QR and Lakeside.

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 12-09-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Hope your engine problems yesterday were not serious Dale

Quote Originally Posted by nigel watts View Post
    Hope your engine problems yesterday were not serious Dale
    Nar, kept drop a cylinder and back on 8 and then dropping it again, too shitty a day to solve it at the track!! Dale M

How are HMC entries shaping up for the Ferrari festival?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoreboy57 View Post
    How are HMC entries shaping up for the Ferrari festival?
    Very average shoreboy57, around 12 to 15 HMC cars max, some are broken and still too many in the build stage that won't make it and others with there hands in there pockets!!! we are now combining with the Under 3L cars for this event but its looking that by the following year(2015) with the Aussies back we'll defiantly have more!!

Would luv'd to have started HMC 20 years ago, oh well.

Dale M

Yeah Dale, 20 years ago I still had my Mustang, Would have been great, but Deano would have missed out on his car.

But Deano may have had a faster car by now, LOL, LOL, but do I hear yar John, just dreamin what could av, should av, been out loud, LOL. Still, no matter the final number they will all be HMC correct as adding numbers is not the issue, to me(and others) what's more important is the end result of achieving a stable historic saloon class, and as mentioned before we're still a few years away so one step at a time.

I was at the Sears Point historics 20 years ago when they had a "Historic Trans Am" demonstration with(from memory) just 3 restored cars and I thought it was unreal, today they exceed over 40 at events but I know we can achieve this a lot sooner.

Dale M

Would just like to give a special thank you to the officials who were so wonderfully understanding when I arrived on Sunday at about 1pm.
    I had contacted TACOC committee members and left messages on answer phones at 9.45pm saying we were working late then and in the morning and would be arriving late if allowed to run. We were already entered.
    We arrived and told 10 minutes before my race.
    Time to take car off trailer, get kitted up, set tyre pressures and go straight out.
    Huge thanks to Janice Holmes, John Ure, Dale,and Graeme Brown-scrutineer -who made sure this happened.
    Oh, yes, and especially great work by volunteers and flaggies in such wet weather .
    Thanks TACOC.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 12-10-2013 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    This is one lovely Ford in the flesh. Gary has done a great job in its presentation and what's more it went extremely well on Sunday. Just a gearbox issue in his last race. Good to have you on board Gary. Will probably do an HMC audit on it at the festival but pretty confident this girls 100% compliant.
    Cheers Dave Graham

Tony Roberts has this 72 XUI Torana For Sale, advertised over in the "Cars For Sale" section with further pictures. Asking $45K ono. Needs wheel change to suit HMC but otherwise a driving ready to go Torana, Log Book and MANZ legal roll cage.

For further Details Phone Tony Roberts 021-133-2895 or Email Tony@hamptondowns.com