Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1851

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Just posted this up on Face(less)book, our group photo from last weekend thanks to Kiwi285(Mike Feisst) with the Ex Ivan Segedin Mustang, quite fitting since we are about historic racing and also with Ivans recent passing(RIP), it really went down well.

We do it all again this weekend with a few more added cars, we have two Aussie visitors flying over just for this weekend, they will be at our HMC BBQ Saturday afternoon along with Roaring Season host Steve Holmes, all others are welcome.

Let the good time roll. Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Thanks for noticing John A, as much as this event is about the historic cars its also about entertainment for the paying public and to thank the flaggies and safely crews, to my amazement the fences were lined with cheers and clapping so figured most thought it was cool, glad you enjoyed it and we'll do the same again after Sundays last race!! Dale M
    Dale,

I run a guest mechanic program over these two weekends and John A was the lucky winner last week. Fortunately as we had no issues the most technically challenging task all weekend was eating lunch! As a result John had far too much time on his hands having time to watch formation laps instead of waiting back in the pits ready to spring into action like a real mechanic!

This weekend, despite his CV including Formula 1, Indycars and Le Mans, not to mention running some kid called Andretti in F/Atlantic, John A unfortunately didn't make the cut for the guest spot so please don't get his hopes up.

So the Thursday lunchtime thing has passed but if that vest is still up for grabs Steve, here's a shot I reckon is a little bit worthy! David pulling out all the stops to keep up with Goliath!

IMG_7887 by SnoozinRichy, on Flickr

Cheers, looking forward to more action this weekend!

Richy
    Last edited by Snoozin; 01-23-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozin View Post
    So the Thursday lunchtime thing has passed but if that vest is still up for grabs Steve, here's a shot I reckon is a little bit worthy! David pulling out all the stops to keep up with Goliath!

Richy
    Good shot,...but careful what you wish for!
    I understand the vest Steve has offered for his prize is of the string variety and one he wore under his race suit for every race on the Aussie tour and has yet to be introduced to the Fisher & Paykel...

Hi Guys, what a wonderful 2 weekends there was. Seemed to be all over too quickly for me anyway. Just want to say a huge thanks to Ray Green for the loan of the BBQ for HMC on Saturday nite. Much appreciated, returned with thanks in good order and condition. Peter "Mr Meat" Stevenson supplied the sausages and assisted with the cooking also, thanks Pete, will keep you on. Each snarler was a meal on its own and people still went back for more and to the ladies who supplied the salads and potatoes so a big thank you to you as well. There was great banter amongst the competitors and a few porkies thrown in for good measure!! Reliving the races as the red mist descends is always great to listen to. So thanks to all the competitors in HMC and U3L who made both weekends so memorable.
    Thanks n Regards
    Dave Graham, HMC Technical Auditor

Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
    Oooh! Ferrari V12 on full song or American V8?
    Ray, have sent you a PM

Thanks Dave. Happy to be able to assist and glad that you all had a great time!

The Festival may well be about the cars, but you'd have to say that the real strength within the Historic/Classic community is the camaraderie, which transcends well beyond the various classes and within that group, the officials and helpers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoozin View Post

Richy
    No problems Richy, send me a PM with your address etc and I`ll send you the new Freightliner vest. A great photo too!

Yes, a big thanks from the HMC directors for the use of your BBQ Ray(ERC) it was a bit of a last minute organising to do this but help from Dave(Frosty5) and Mr-meat Pete Stevenson for the Sausee’s and everyone had a ball, even the F5000 and Sport-sedan guys enjoyed themselves so you are correct Ray the Historic/Classic community has great camaraderie and you should have joined us, made a few new friends and a chance to shoot the shit to boot.

As for the racing, it was friggen awesome and I got the impression the public thought the same, we had a 100% legal grid of 10 HMC cars(with more coming) along with another 10-15 Historic Saloons and over both weekends racing we had only one minor incident which got sorted professionally, we are working on a 13 month ban for those constantly involved in unresolved incidents within our group for this particular event, they do this overseas in historic racing, and a safety car when Pete’s Mustang engine expired in the last race, you gotta remember the machinery starts getting a bit worn down over both these events but otherwise just about all cars finished every race.

Steve(fullnoise) well and truly earned his HMC Festival award trophy for the tireless work done behind the scene so this is big thanks to Steve from all us(PS: keeping big Steve busy helps give us all break, and the “Elliott 20 sec” rule still applies, LOL)

Dave(frosty5)Graham and Keith Hardgraves our HMC tech auditors for doing 2 audits per weekend, both worked tirelessly doing this and is very much a part of keeping the standards high and rule enforcement with-in our class, its interesting that other groups are taking notice of this!! and to Crunch our H&C Commission MSNZ executive for taking the time to come up the first weekend and talking to us about HMC been the Motorsport standard for historic big bore racing saloons across NZ(work in progress)

To Tony(look at my muscles now)Roberts for wrestling the non-power steering PDL Mustang around Hampton in 1:19.2, very well done and that’s with only a 400HP(if that) engine NOT built by John Force, LOL and even Paul Fahey thought it looked real and signed the roof next to his name(price now doubled, LOL)

Overall, what a great weekend. Dale M

Also out there adding his autograph for Steve Elliot and I was another absolute legend- Clyde Collins.
    Thats another one from the bucket list
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-27-2014 at 05:37 AM.

Ok guys, this one is for our very own TonyG in Australia who really wanted to be here and couldnt.
    Tony mate- enjoy the sight, sounds of us on Sunday morning 26 January .
    Just an amateur video from a mid pack runner- my XA Coupe 083
    And also for all those who love these cars.
    Will post more, but this is best view and quality- its just like being there...
    Oh yes, Pete said he missed the gearchange at the end, so thats why he went almost off the end at turn one.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-29-2014 at 09:22 AM.

Another great festival of racing for the HMC class. Thanks to all the people who spent so much time organising this and the drivers and crew who toiled to keep the cars running and the drivers gee'd up. The commentator was nearly hoarse calling the first race on Saturday morning (second weekend) and said that it was the best race he had seen at the festival.

Howard you are a genius keeping the 2002 with the V8's and hanging in there until the flag drops. Great to see that that attitude paid off.

Our scrutineers seem to have this character wondering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTmFASqEVOI
    Saturday 25 January NZFMR-2014
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-29-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Hey Steve, well done and congratulations on the spirit award. Well deserved. There are gunnars and doers and you are a doer. Your assistance to those who requested your help is obviously held in high esteem and that's why you got the award. I detected moist eyes when you sat back down, bloody great, truly humble and a cracker of a guy. Now tweak that engine and see what you can do. Great stuff. Thanks Raewyn for the coffee and nectarines. No bribe here LOL

Cheers Dave

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Ok guys, this one is for our very own TonyG in Australia who really wanted to be here and couldnt.
    Tony mate- enjoy the sight, sounds of us on Sunday morning.
    Just an amateur video from a mid pack runner- my XA Coupe 083
    And also for all those who love these cars.
    Will post more, but this is best view and quality- its just like being there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWtR86Sp38o

Oh yes, Pete said he missed the gearchange at the end, so thats why he went almost off the end at turn one.
    Enjoy !!! Loved it ! Surround sound cranked right up and big screen TV it was like being in the car with you. Awesome camera placement in the car.
    Thank you so much John. greatly appreciated. Apart from the camera angle the other clip was pretty damn good viewing and listening as well.
    Barry's Monaro was the icing on the cake.

Thanks again
    Tony Growden

Would agree wholeheartedly with Dave that the award was the best possible outcome for the effort that you and Raewyn put into this class and the help and caring you exhibit. Well done.

John - great bit on in-car video - just like being there with you

Here's another one to add to #1034-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2R-ShmfwI0

Its first weekend racing. Nigel now has his fastback on the track.,. I blew the start by going from first to fourth , then shifting into third, still plenty of experience in passing.
    Camera is on the rear window, was not aware that the panoramic view would be restricted by the seats. Shifted it to side window after this for the next weekend, then front screen for Sunday.
    Sorry about the poor quality and the sun glare on the screen
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-27-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Here's another one to add to #1034-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2R-ShmfwI0

Its first weekend racing. Nigel now has his fastback on the track.,. I blew the start by going from first to fourth , then shifting into third, still plenty of experience in passing.
    Camera is on the rear window, was not aware that the panoramic view would be restricted by the seats. Shifted it to side window after this for the next weekend, then front screen for Sunday.
    Sorry about the poor quality and the sun glare on the screen
    John, next time I`m talking to Tony Cardwell I`ll see if he can get me some gloves like yours!!.........

Paul Fahey was so impressed with the PDL replica build the first weekend that when he came back the second he gifted me this beautiful signed black and white print of him in the real PDL mustang, sure made me proud and what a gentleman he is, and so is Dennis Marwood who had a helping hand in getting Kerry Grant along in-which Kerry very much enjoyed himself.

Paul kindly sign the roof panel on the PDL effectively doubling the price(yeah rite)

Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images