Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1851

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

The reverse grid race on Sunday went to the wire with Murray Brown holding off Dale Mathers in damp conditions. I had an onboard camera in the Boss Mustang to see how it is to ride in one of NZ's most successful HMC cars as he drives through the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Paul Fahey was so impressed with the PDL replica build the first weekend that when he came back the second he gifted me this beautiful signed black and white print of him in the real PDL mustang, sure made me proud and what a gentleman he is, and so is Dennis Marwood who had a helping hand in getting Kerry Grant along in-which Kerry very much enjoyed himself.

Paul kindly sign the roof panel on the PDL effectively doubling the price(yeah rite)

Dale M
    Kerry Grant is a quite sort of guy. As he comes from Palmerston North it is obvious that he is a gentleman. He also has a son Andrew who was incrediably quick in a Rally car and burst onto the NZRC scene about 15 years ago for a couple of years until finances dried up. I think he then went speedway midget racing for a while. Kerry was at most if not all of the rallies, and though he did not say much, you could tell he was incredibly proud of his son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xMsZW7XytY
    I have improved this video of the Race11 on Friday 24 January, and reloaded it to youtube (previous video is now deleted).

Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-29-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Here is the other race from Saturday 25 January - second weekend.

I thought these banners in the HMC tent were excellent. Unfortunately the tent wasn't so excellent on the first Friday

Am I correct in thinking I read an article in NZCC a while back about this white Mustang being a famous car?

Had this CD disc turn up in the mail today with a few great pictures shown here, thanks to Phil Noble outta Auckland. Another HMC fan and follower. Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Semi-Pro Racer
    JAFA; "Am I correct in thinking I read an article in NZCC a while back about this white Mustang being a famous car?"

Red Dawsons Mustang before it turned Electric Blue. This shot is how it was restored by the Bowden family in Aus before its purchase and return home.

Didn't it throw a rod or something on the first weekend ? I know something terrible happened to it in the engine dept.

Cheers
    Tony
    Last edited by TonyG; 01-31-2014 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Had a brain f..t !

Sadly was an engine issue, hole in the sump would indicate something like a big end part exiting.

For those of you that drive a Toyota Cynos, the following information will have little or no bearing on your sense of speed!!......

On March 8, 2014 at Amelia Island, USA, RM Auctions will be selling Charlie Kemps 1965 Shelby Mustang GT350R, which amongst its very well documented history, is reportedly the worlds fastest 289 road race car, having run at 184 MPH at Daytona in 1969. Someone will be able to put the link on here, but this car won`t be cheap, and don`t expect to see it make our HMC grid anytime soon......... unless I get six numbers in a row between now and then!

Latest March 14 Classic car Magazine: Steve Elliott's SCCA 68 Camaro leads the pack!! Dale M

Dale, I note in a recent issue of (UK) Motorsport an article about the upcoming Silverstone Classic in July, this year celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Mustang. The organizers are hoping to set a record for the largest number of pre-'66 Mustangs in one event. So, are you planning to race there? Cheers, Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Ellwood View Post
    Dale, I note in a recent issue of (UK) Motorsport an article about the upcoming Silverstone Classic in July, this year celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Mustang. The organizers are hoping to set a record for the largest number of pre-'66 Mustangs in one event. So, are you planning to race there? Cheers, Grant.
    Nooo Grant, too much on my plate for this year!!

Dale M

Hi Guys, just a reminder that those who have CoD's for cars running under HMC rules and regulations that CoD's will be mandatory post 31.12.14. If you have them now please forward a colour copy to me so I can get them on the database that is being set up. Address for post or courier is 38 Alconbury Drive, Rototuna, Hamilton 3210. To those to whom I have sent emails re said subject please respond.

Regards
    Dave Graham
    Technical Auditor
    NZHMC

Hi Guys, just a reminder that those who have CoD's for cars running under HMC rules and regulations that CoD's will be mandatory post 31.12.14. If you have them now please forward a colour copy to me so I can get them on the database that is being set up. Address for post or courier is 38 Alconbury Drive, Rototuna, Hamilton 3210. To those to whom I have sent emails re said subject please respond.

Regards
    Dave Graham
    Technical Auditor
    NZHMC

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post

Regards
    Dave Graham
    Technical Auditor
    NZHMC
    Dave- just spoke to Mike at MSNZ, mine is being processed at the moment

Heres some 3D imaging of our HMC cars I received on a CD disc via Steve Elliott yesterday. Dale

My wife rang HD today to confirm an apartment for this weekend. Yes, no problem, number 111 is yours..... Not tempting fate, we got them to change it!

Shame you changed it as that is the best view of the track!!!! Oh, and the owner will be most disappointed if it isn't occupied...

Quote Originally Posted by fullnoise68 View Post
    My wife rang HD today to confirm an apartment for this weekend. Yes, no problem, number 111 is yours..... Not tempting fate, we got them to change it!
    I was tryin to get room 666 so i could invite Ray over, LOL

Dale M