Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1851

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

That is a grouse looking car Colin and will be interesting to see it on track with the rest of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty5 View Post
    Hi John, as long as there are no variations to your car from when you submitted your COD then you're cool. I shall take it as read that your COD and car is kosha.

Cheers Dave

You must have your COD with you at all times. It is like a logbook and a Licence.

That Camaro looks great!

Thanks to Media77 for this awesome piece of incar video inside Steve Elliott's '68 Camaro HMC car, which was out testing this weekend at Hampton Downs for the first time with its new motor and gearbox. Steve's enjoying the extra neddies! Sounds wicked, don't you think!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Thanks to Media77 for this awesome piece of incar video inside Steve Elliott's '68 Camaro HMC car, which was out testing this weekend at Hampton Downs for the first time with its new motor and gearbox. Steve's enjoying the extra neddies! Sounds wicked, don't you think!

WOW, so THATS what 800HP sounds like!!!!

Im gonna run and hide next weekend

Dale M

Semi-Pro Racer
    Well, looks like all that Rubbings not Racing crap has finally been kicked to the curb!!
    Last edited by Jac Mac; 01-18-2015 at 06:43 AM.

Jac Mac-I was on pole today leading off the last race for HMC.
    , There was no rubbing, only racing,no pushing me around or showing any impatience with a lesser experience pole sitter. Highly recommend all those with me. Will be posting video on youtube.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Jac Mac-I was on pole today leading off the last race for HMC.
    , There was no rubbing, only racing,no pushing me around or showing any impatience with a lesser experience pole sitter. Highly recommend all those with me. Will be posting video on youtube.
    Or perhaps you were just lucky that the red car was a DNS in that race..... Steve Ritchie takes good pics!

Looks like he lost the rear, overcorrected, had a bit of a tank-slapper and hit the orange Mustang.
    To be fair it doesn't necessarily mean an attitude of pushing people around or driving recklessly, sometimes shit happens. Of course, I wasn't there - my leave pass was issued for next weekend. Here's hoping the weather holds and the attrition rate isn't too high!

World Champion
    Jac Mac.......have sent you a PM.

World Champion
    I think the most outstanding drive of the weekend was Howard Woods 1:14.6 lap. [source Mylaps] I presume it was done with the BMW Alpina. Thats about 2 seconds faster than any previous run. Slow down Howard or you will leave us in the dust.

Unfortunately Howard had a coming together with a Commodore and the right front is now munted. Not the best way to finish a weekends racing.

Yes Howard is a great driver and punches above his weight.

A Few random photos from Saturday...........
    Attached Images Attached Images       

This is Sunday morning race, afternoon race didnt record as camera was too full.
    To those who like viewing rear ends of Mustangs its an 11 minute wait viewing Camaro tails.
    See what the view is next weekend.
    As usual an amateur video with camera attached to window, interior certainly looks low tech 70s , nothing exciting happening but cooler in the car than out in the sun.
    Crew told me off for not being closer at the beginning
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 01-19-2015 at 10:03 PM.

Gee Jac, you must be right on the top of Mt Cook to able to see that far. Yep there were some touchs and accidents, in my view (and this only my view) I saw 3 and 1 was unlucky to collect another car when a bit of over correction came into play, (which happens) and weather the car is red, blue, white or any colour it was not a dangerous/aggressive move that caused it, just as they say á racing incident'. But the other 2 were from poking the car inside were it was not needed, (which happens unfortunately, but should not) This can be addressed by the guys, and should/will be i would say as they know better.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Gee Jac, you must be right on the top of Mt Cook to able to see that far. Yep there were some touchs and accidents, in my view (and this only my view) I saw 3 and 1 was unlucky to collect another car when a bit of over correction came into play, (which happens) and weather the car is red, blue, white or any colour it was not a dangerous/aggressive move that caused it, just as they say á racing incident'. But the other 2 were from poking the car inside were it was not needed, (which happens unfortunately, but should not) This can be addressed by the guys, and should/will be i would say as they know better.
    It helps if you use both eyes Rod .

I was lucky enough to be invited to watch the racing on Sunday from one of the apartments and I have to say that Dale has cracked it with this class. He very cleverly organised a "formation lap" behind a convertible sporting the Aussie and NZ flags which I think gave a good show of camaraderie and appreciation for our Aussie mates who took on the enormous task and cost to bring their cars over here. Boy what an awesome line up of cars. Its just a shame that Dales old chariot was in the wars and was missing from the grid. To me not being a single seater fan this class was by far the highlight of the day, a great array of cars and colors and he arranged all this in the middle of the not so small task of moving premises. There are not many people who would take on this level of commitment and succeed like he has done. Well done Dale.

Hear hear, well said George, the lad's chock full of passion for the category and with enthusiastic participants on both sides of the Tasman, it's got success written all over it.

Yep, it looks like HMC is around to stay - for at least the foreseeable future. I got to talk with some of the Aussie TransAm guys on Saturday and things are rebuilding nicely there too (41 cars on their books according to one of their leading lights). With this TransTasman camaraderie as opposed to rivalry or hostility, the biannual challenge is just a HUGE success for the competitors and the fans. I don't know how many Kiwis Dale has signed up for this September's big go in QLD, which I believe may extend to Musclecar Masters, but the categories just seem to be thriving individually and collectively. I think that comes down to ATTITUDE. The attitude that winning isn't everything but having a nicely prepared, period correct car which is distinctive and enjoying the event is the name of the game.

Race 2 on Saturday was unfortunately one of those motor racing things and you always have to expect them to happen sometimes, hopefully not often. The good thing is 3 beautiful cars can be fixed and be seen racing again as good as ever in a few months time. The armchair assassins will I'm sure be proven wrong over the coming seasons as we see HMC/ATA thrive as a group and as separate groups.

Finally, great to see the new guys to the HMC group perform so well with such spectacularly well presented cars. Roger's American Airlines tribute Camaro was quick out of the crate late last year and Dave Sturrock's Gulf Camaro proved similarly competitive and well driven. The Cuda in AAR tribute livery was just a fabulous work of passion and good to see it circulate in Keith's hands in fine style. These 3 and others who have joined the fray proved the class is definitely on the up. The strict enforcement of the rules are long term effective.