Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1851

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

TV footage from the Ganley Festival, 2015 featuring HMC and ATA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap8w...m-upload_owner

I'd like to thank, Mike Corry from Health House, Kevin Gimblett, Murray Brown, Gary Riata, Dave Sturrock and Glen Allingham for there help funding this footage.

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 04-25-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Firstly I'd like to congadulate all involved on a fantastic couple of weekends at the Ganley Festivle Hampton Downs in Jan. My family and I were lucky enough to view the action from an upstairs appartment overlooking the start finish line on the first weekend. Not a race meeting I'll forget any time soon. I look forward to the rounds later this year at QR and Lakeside.
    As a result of coming over I started to look around at suitable cars for the class. I made contact with a gentleman here in QLD who has two cars forsale both ourlined below. I have no financial interst in these cars but believe they both offer very good value. If you would like more information send me a PM and I'll pass on the sellers details.
    Cheers
    Kyle

Some info on both cars:

Calypso Coral 1970 Boss TransAm
    This car was purchased in 1970 from the showroom floor and taken to a workshop and converted into a Trans Am car. It is a genuine Boss with Vin number still fitted to the car. It also comes with the original Marty report which lists all the extras the car was purchased with. Independent racer Greg Hessler built the car with Warren Tope playing a big part on the build and was able to supply lots of special parts from the 69 factory team cars. Warrens father was vice president of Fords powertrain group so hence the access to parts. It has various Kar Kraft and Shelby Team parts throughout. The engine was built by Bud Moore but the block is now a Boss 302. The Bud Moore inlet manifold is still on the car. The original seat, same as was in Moffat’s car but it has a modern race seat in for now. The car was restored back in the late 90s but was not raced very much.
    Genuine Trans Am race history.
    $120,000 AUD

Blue 1969 Mustang.
    This car is brand new and race ready. It has been built to race in Group NC and is legal. Has big Lincoln front brakes with race rotors.
    Rear brakes stock ford. Front spindles are Big block ford. The brace is the beefier one out of 70 Mustang.. Rear axle is floating. Diff is fitted with a watts lick set up from the states. Drive shaft is custom made. Top loader 4 speed. Custom fuel cell running 2 pumps. Fuel is pumped into pot then to engine. Battery mounted in boot. Engine was built from ground up by Bow Seaton. We started with the latest motor craft 351 Boss block. The very best of everything went in to it. Bench tested at over 530HP. Fully race tuned exhaust with same headers. 780 holly with 4 post adjuster. Interior we kept the ford dash facing and pads but fitted modern gauges. Control box between seats with push start. Modern peddle box and a Hurst shift with quick change linkages.
    $110,000 is well below build cost.
    Sorry the pics I had were too big for the site even after compressing. PM me and I'll pass on the sellers details.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Glenn Allingham's new 70 Camaro coming to HMC. Glenn is one of 5 cars going to Australia which get loaded early next month.

Quote Originally Posted by STG69 View Post
    Firstly I'd like to congadulate all involved on a fantastic couple of weekends at the Ganley Festivle Hampton Downs in Jan. My family and I were lucky enough to view the action from an upstairs appartment overlooking the start finish line on the first weekend. Not a race meeting I'll forget any time soon. I look forward to the rounds later this year at QR and Lakeside.
    As a result of coming over I started to look around at suitable cars for the class. I made contact with a gentleman here in QLD who has two cars forsale both ourlined below. I have no financial interst in these cars but believe they both offer very good value. If you would like more information send me a PM and I'll pass on the sellers details.
    Cheers
    Kyle

Some info on both cars:

Calypso Coral 1970 Boss TransAm
    This car was purchased in 1970 from the showroom floor and taken to a workshop and converted into a Trans Am car. It is a genuine Boss with Vin number still fitted to the car. It also comes with the original Marty report which lists all the extras the car was purchased with. Independent racer Greg Hessler built the car with Warren Tope playing a big part on the build and was able to supply lots of special parts from the 69 factory team cars. Warrens father was vice president of Fords powertrain group so hence the access to parts. It has various Kar Kraft and Shelby Team parts throughout. The engine was built by Bud Moore but the block is now a Boss 302. The Bud Moore inlet manifold is still on the car. The original seat, same as was in Moffat’s car but it has a modern race seat in for now. The car was restored back in the late 90s but was not raced very much.
    Genuine Trans Am race history.
    $120,000 AUD

Blue 1969 Mustang.
    This car is brand new and race ready. It has been built to race in Group NC and is legal. Has big Lincoln front brakes with race rotors.
    Rear brakes stock ford. Front spindles are Big block ford. The brace is the beefier one out of 70 Mustang.. Rear axle is floating. Diff is fitted with a watts lick set up from the states. Drive shaft is custom made. Top loader 4 speed. Custom fuel cell running 2 pumps. Fuel is pumped into pot then to engine. Battery mounted in boot. Engine was built from ground up by Bow Seaton. We started with the latest motor craft 351 Boss block. The very best of everything went in to it. Bench tested at over 530HP. Fully race tuned exhaust with same headers. 780 holly with 4 post adjuster. Interior we kept the ford dash facing and pads but fitted modern gauges. Control box between seats with push start. Modern peddle box and a Hurst shift with quick change linkages.
    $110,000 is well below build cost.
    Sorry the pics I had were too big for the site even after compressing. PM me and I'll pass on the sellers details.

Hi Kyle, would the Blue 69 Mustang you are talking about be this one? (see attached) Name:  10562466_655648774533559_2144721117746043339_o.jpg
Views: 1757
Size:  71.6 KB

Also, would I be allowed to share these on the 'For Sale' section of our Australian Trans-Am website?
    If so, could you please send me any info & contact details to dj0110@live.com.au
    Cheers, Dewi Jones.

Hi Dewi,

Thats not the car. The one I referred to has never been raced and is a Team Shelby replica. I've sent you the sellers details.

Cheers

Great Steve Holmes article in the current NZV8 magazine on the Sinclair HMC Cuda, worth buying just for the read!!

Apparently on Sky Sport last night they had Greg Murphy driving the Cuda around Hampton! Haven't got sky so didn't see it.

Would be interesting to hear how that went and what Greg thought of that car and the historic cars in general.

Was good, pity they buggered up the audio to what was actually happening. Good though mean noise.

I saw footage on Facebook of Murf in the Cuda if one cares to troll through that?

May see some of you at the MSNZ Conference Saturday if you're their?

Dale M

HMC cars dropped to the shipper today Australia bound for QR Days of Thunder with Australian Trans Am in less than 3 weeks.

Out of the 4 cars I see Murf voted the HMC Cuda his favourite and best car on the Sky Speed challenge, well done Keith, Bic and Team

Glenn Allingham sent me these pictures today of his new HMC 70 Camaro, I'll see it for the first time at QR in 2 weeks but what a cool looking historic saloon HMC legal with all iron engine, Tex trans, Wilwood brakes, 15 X 9 Minilites, a great addition to the class. We are defiantly were the FUN begins

Wow Dale, you're Mustang looks great with those Minilites on it!

Wow...that reminds me of the Richards/ Neville C /Bunce GTX Camaro. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Wow Dale, you're Mustang looks great with those Minilites on it!
    Seen I had some "Ur Arr Hmm" repairs to do I thought I may as well change the look slightly

Quote Originally Posted by Spgeti View Post
    Wow...that reminds me of the Richards/ Neville C /Bunce GTX Camaro. Nice job.
    Yeah, its a stunner alrite!! great addition to the class!!

dale M

Very nice Dale, immaculately presented as always!!

Quote Originally Posted by George Sheweiry View Post
    Very nice Dale, immaculately presented as always!!
    Thanks George, we'll get you one day mate!!!

Cars all loaded and off to Brisbane, two more hidden in behind. QR is only 2 weeks away!!

Dale M

Looked at this in AKL Wednesday, only been in the country 2 days but the owner swears black and blue that he's building it for HMC, will take him about 18months he said. Gonna be a 1969 Lee Roy Yarbrough Mercury Cyclone Spoiler II "W" nose replica so that'll be something different, gotta be good, we defiantly are the FUN class and isn't that a whole lotta rear fender, yikes.