Page 74 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1851

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

A few more pit shots from yesterday, the Allingham gang just about out numbered everyone!! they bring a new level of what is known as the FUN team!! Glen and Pete shake hands after a fantastic last race side by side battle, this is what we are about
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Third from the left is Sean McCaughan who has just purchased Glens XY Falcon to race in HMC, Sean was down for the day to see what its about and meet the other racers. Sean is another new comer to Motorsport and only having no licence stopping him from racing yesterday, HMC seems to be attracting newbies to our sport. Sean welcome on-board.

The 3 HMC directors from left, Tony Roberts, Myself(Dale Mathers) and Steve Holmes, Steve drove all the way from Carterton just for this event plus so the 3 of us could get together to continue to plan the future of HMC, we have an unwavering commitment to making sure HMC works, and with the attraction of new racers/people coming on-board and other cars in the pipeline we can see a great future ahead for this and historic racing in NZ. Missing from this picture is Bruce Dyer the new HSC director.

Another great Phil Noble photo.

Great pics Dale, was a fun day. The sun even made an appearance!

Historic Sports Sedans didnt run at Puke due to the noise and not having the long back straight.
    We have been offered a place at the next TACCOC meeting at Hampton Downs November 1 and we are inviting only HMC cars, to join us for a joint outing .
    Should be a neat fit and this Historic Tintop outing should be a ton of fun.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-04-2015 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by touringcarfan View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb here.

Maybe `Icebreaker` is not prestigious enough, whereas the `Festival` is. Imagine that HMS were invited to race at the Supercar meet each year. I have a fair idea how that entry list might look!

Also there was a very visible difference in car speed at HD on the weekend. Maybe some guys don`t fancy getting beaten by a country mile?

Dale, I appreciate what you out there trying to achieve, however can you definitively state that ALL your registered drivers are out to achieve the same?

Anthony Sampson
    Hi Anthony, thanks for posting your thoughts on here mate, and its always great to see you, dad John, mum, Gareth and Scott yesterday!! the Sampson family are very passionate historic saloon car racers and great for HMC, and its great to hear the red Capri will soon be back on track with its correct 4 speed fitted and COD application done, luv the commitment.

This is what most saw at yesterdays wet TACCOC event

Dale M

Between the Alingham and Sampson Families it certainly shows their passion and love of motorsport. Both Families made me so welcome and leaves such a good feeling in HMC/HSC. Thank you Guy's. Cheers, Bruce

Historic Muscle Cars are finally branching out to other parts of the North Island, with plans to run alongside Historic Saloon Cars at the 2016 MG Classic, at Manfeild. Lots of time to prepare, and drum up interest, and, more importantly, put on a great show for those in the lower North Island who haven't yet seen HMC. Watch this space.

Here's the latest pictures of Nigel MacDonald's ex Dawson Shelby Trans Am Mustang. He's still waiting for the engine but I can confirm he will be racing it at the Festival in January and the other good news is the Neil Tolich will also be racing the Fleetwood Mustang, how long has it been since these two dinosaurs raced together?
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 10-15-2015 at 08:28 PM.

The Tolich Family Fleetwood Mustang, HMC is the class designed for to bring these monsters to life
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 10-15-2015 at 11:50 PM.

And all going well we can sights like these out there again
    Attachment 31013

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Here's the latest pictures of Nigel MacDonald's ex Dawson Shelby Trans Am Mustang.
    Doesn't that look great!

Here's the latest pictures of Nigel MacDonald's ex Dawson Shelby Trans Am Mustang. He's still waiting for the engine but I can confirm he will be racing it at the Festival in January and the other good news is the Neil Tolich will also be racing the Fleetwood Mustang, how long has it been since these two dinosaurs raced together?

Probably 1968, after Bryan crashed in the wet at Bay Park at Easter, Red bought the car not long after that.

BTW, without wishing to be a rivet-counter, the outlines on the gold 35 on the doors were bright yellow...
    Name:  dawsonrileymustangs.jpg
Views: 818
Size:  67.5 KB
    Name:  Red_Dawson_Mustang_Bay_Park_Jan_70.jpg
Views: 928
Size:  47.5 KB

Mike Feisst pic.
    Last edited by GD66; 10-16-2015 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    …….BTW, without wishing to be a rivet-counter,….
    Nothing wrong with being a rivet-counter, I get accused of being that regularly with my motorcycle restoration I'm doing

Congratulations Dale on attracting these 2 significant historic NZ Mustangs to the grid for the upcoming Festival. What a fantastic addition. I look forward to this and hope that we can attract a few more historic cars to our joint HMC/HSC grid. To the owners thank you in having trust in Dale and his team and we will treasure and respect your cars.

Cheers and Thanks

Bruce
    Last edited by Spgeti; 10-17-2015 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GD66 View Post
    Probably 1968, after Bryan crashed in the wet at Bay Park at Easter, Red bought the car not long after that.

BTW, without wishing to be a rivet-counter, the outlines on the gold 35 on the doors were bright yellow...[ Mike Feisst pic.
    No problem GD66, numbers would have been painted on back then so Nigel understands it wont be "totally" correct with modern day stickers an all, but its close enough for viewing that when out on the track racing most of the public wouldn't know the difference, i guess we can all agree(sorry, not everyone) that at least its the real car, so how good is that

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Spgeti View Post
    Congratulations Dale on attracting these 2 significant historic NZ Mustangs to the grid for the upcoming Festival. What a fantastic addition. I look forward to this and hope that we can attract a few more historic cars to our joint HMC/HSC grid. To the owners thank you in having trust in Dale and his team and we will treasure and respect your cars.

Cheers and Thanks

Bruce
    Yes Bruce, imagine if John gets the Monaro going and Bruce turns up in the Pontiac and then Tony Auntonovich rocks along in the ex Marwood Camaro, yeah OK "slap slap" stop dreaming Daleboy get yar hand off it!!

Dale, Dale, Dale- there is no IF with the Monaro.
    One bad choice cost me a year and a fistfull to get it right.
    It will be there.
    The cars you mention all have the possibility of being on the track together.
    No comment on the unmentioned one(s).or your hand being on it.............assume you mean the stick shift
    After all it was not that long ago people used to dream of seeing Sports Sedans running again.
    Last edited by John McKechnie; 10-17-2015 at 07:58 PM.

[QUOTE=Kiwiboss;49329 most of the public wouldn't know the difference, i guess we can all agree(sorry, not everyone) that at least its the real car, so how good is that
    Dale M[/QUOTE]

Freakin' awesome mate, and to see it roll out beside the Fleetwood car should bring a tear to the eye of any Red Dawson fan. He wasn't everyone's cup of tea by any means but he was very spectacular, a tough bugger and much loved in the crowd in spite of his less-than-effusive nature. For years a good solid rev-out of a motor was known as a "Red Dawson tune-up" to many and it was a shame to see his career wind up after that terrifying crash at Manfield. So big thanks to both owners and all involved in getting the two cars back out there.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Historic Sports Sedans didnt run at Puke due to the noise and not having the long back straight.
    We have been offered a place at the next TACCOC meeting at Hampton Downs November 1 and we are inviting only HMC cars, to join us for a joint outing .
    Should be a neat fit and this Historic Tintop outing should be a ton of fun.
    John,
    I understand not racing at Puke without the long straight but what exactly is the noise issue you mentioned please?