Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1851

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

The sheer number of cars and drivers entering this class is amazing and the variety is great. Much better than in period.
    Roll on Manfield and then the South Island tour.
    I can see that causing a few headaches.

Has anyone thought of the transporter thing to the SI we did that a few yrs ago works well if you can have some one to organise , just an idea , frees up some that wants or needs to get back up NI during that week , I feel the whole thing is just fantastic .....love being apart of HMC .

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Has anyone thought of the transporter thing to the SI we did that a few yrs ago works well if you can have some one to organise , just an idea , frees up some that wants or needs to get back up NI during that week , I feel the whole thing is just fantastic .....love being apart of HMC .
    Grant, transporter idea sounds great but this we leave up to each individual or unless someone can organise this as a group themselves, i hope you plan to be apart of the SI tour as theres lots of interest. Please remember that our Roaring Season founder Steve Holmes along with HSC Director Bruce Dyer are the ONLY go to guys for questions and answers for organising this actual event at both tracks, myself and Tony Roberts are back ups. It is up to each individual to organise there own transport and accomodation(but we certainly don't mind advising, Steve will inform via SI tour newsletters), we as the HMC/HSC directors are the only ones that control the class and event at meetings and work with the event organisers, its easiest for everyone this way, all you have to do is turn up in a legal car! and so as you are originally from Timaru please feel free to help anyone that requires it Grant, it'll be great fun.

Thank you Dale , yes all under control, Kev informed today me my head has been finished looks very shiny bling bling , & flows as it should ....you might want to check it out at Manfeild , nothing has changed for the last 15 years except cyl head , as for Timaru there are plenty of hotels there all well priced , & as for Chch the Yaldhurst hotel 5 mins from the track is a winner , [people can google hotel etc for costings] I be there ............

Grant I gather you are going down a week earlier and doing the Ruapuna Festival of Speed too. I am considering doing that too and taking in the third meeting as well to see what is racing in the South Island.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Grant I gather you are going down a week earlier and doing the Ruapuna Festival of Speed too. I am considering doing that too and taking in the third meeting as well to see what is racing in the South Island.
    OOoopppps , ok thought we were doing the closest two circuts but that's ok will do Timas & Teretonga ....instead all good , thanks for the prod Mike ............. some thing to look forwards to plus the southern hospitality .....

This project Torana GTR coming to HMC in the future, belongs to Richard Ryan out of Auckland, he said its been in the family along time and he's raced it in several Targa's and now wants to do historic racing. Although very project looking he said all the engine and other parts are built, new rollcage and paint job and together it goes, said he'll be with us next season!! watch this space I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great photo here I stumbled upon going through some of my old folders. This one was by Brett Young, taken at Manfeild in 1975. Its a production car race, Castrol GTX. Interesting how, 40 years later, this has a very similar look about it to Historic Muscle Cars.

Name:  13344780_1075350492504008_5228134480608249482_n.jpg
Views: 1196
Size:  94.0 KB

Great grid, hard case when Rod Millen from 3rd row lead them out of 1st corner in Mazda RX3 Rally car straight back from Southern Cross in Aussie as was Rod Coppins L34 from Bathurst (same trip and transport)
    did not stay there for long but hard case.

Not NZ but may well appeal to enthusiasts

Thanks Rhys, what a beautiful noise!

I stumbled upon this photo on Facebook today. Sadly, it doesn't look like this anymore, this was taken way back in 1992. But what a cool car this was. Wayne Andersons mega big block '68 Camaro in its original guise.

Name:  13342930_10208543923630010_8244104950563090690_n.jpg
Views: 1122

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I stumbled upon this photo on Facebook today. Sadly, it doesn't look like this anymore, this was taken way back in 1992. But what a cool car this was. Wayne Andersons mega big block '68 Camaro in its original guise.

Name:  13342930_10208543923630010_8244104950563090690_n.jpg
Views: 1122
    You know Steve, that Camaro would be eligible to run with HMC today under the current regs, but in typical Kiwi fashion someone took money and ruined it, what a shame, such a cool car with quite a presence back them!!

Dale M

The 'Smokey Yunick' black and gold was one of the smartest colour schemes back then, and he was fairly smart also in Trans Ams

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    The 'Smokey Yunick' black and gold was one of the smartest colour schemes back then, and he was fairly smart also in Trans Ams
    Isn't it amazing Rod, Americans take and old worn out piece of shit historic race car like the Yunick Camaro and beautifully restore it back to its original glory and Kiwis take neat old known classic race car like the Anderson Camaro and turn around and Hotrod the shit out of it hence ruining it forever? go figure!!

PS: Except for John McKechnie, he's a legend

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 06-12-2016 at 10:44 PM.

+2

Dale...are you saying that the normal rear wheel arches on ,,,for example some well known NZ race Mustangs the same shape as yours...looked much better with their original ones rather than the boxed type fitted later.
    I personally do.

Quote Originally Posted by John McKechnie View Post
    Dale...are you saying that the normal rear wheel arches on ,,,for example some well known NZ race Mustangs the same shape as yours...looked much better with their original ones rather than the boxed type fitted later.
    I personally do.
    Yes I do John but remember that era after 1975/6 was known as Schedule E under MSNZ were the cars become effectively Sports Sedans, the Nazer Victor, the PDL and Sidchrome Mustangs with there boxed fenders, ugly but effective but still an era that needs to be preserved.

Dale M

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    You know Steve, that Camaro would be eligible to run with HMC today under the current regs, but in typical Kiwi fashion someone took money and ruined it, what a shame, such a cool car with quite a presence back them!!

Dale M
    Yeah I agree Dale, it is a shame. That car had real presence, there was always a crowd around it, and I remember when it ran the Wellington Street Race in one of the support classes, even the commentators were in awe. As pictured above, it had 15" Corvette wheels, Muncie gearbox etc. Just a cool old, simple muscle car with a great big motor.