Page 81 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1851

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Dale, isn't there one of your boys that took his Camaro right back to suit your class after it had been all changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Dale, isn't there one of your boys that took his Camaro right back to suit your class after it had been all changed.
    Yes Rod, Murray Browns 70 Camaro, original built for Super GT then ran in Central, after 10 years he was going to sell it but decided to convert back to HMC and have a bit of fun, it was a lot of work and many $$$, was all fiberglass front, 4 bar in the rear etc so quite a mission. Dale M
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I find it interesting in the different psychology between racers when it comes to meeting the rules within HMC, and changing ones racer to comply, here is Murray Brown whom made a massive effort to make its Camaro fit the class, and it was major undo I'm telling yar let alone the $$ spent, then on the other hand I have another racer interested in HMC and all they have to do is go down one wheel size and down size their front brake rotors(even their calipers are correct) but NUP, not gunna do it! you need to change the rules for me! Has anyone ever heard of the term "When Hell Freezes Over" LOL.

Anyway, if you read the last Newsletter you'll see i've been onto even our current compliant racers to tidy there cars up, mostly small items like making sure headlights work, wipers, passengers seats, arm rest and window winders, inner fenders, etc, because if you let this compliance leakage slip by in 10 years time the cars would be nothing more than chopped up Sports Sedans. Offcourse any racer can choose not to do those small items and race else where, plenty of other non-complaint Hot-Rod class's to race with.

Other interesting news is i got tipped of today that we have 70 Big Block Camaro coming to HMC, owner wants to keep it road legal, more on this one later and more the merrier I say

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 06-23-2016 at 07:36 AM.

Agree with what you say Dale. It's the old quarter of an inch story where one competitor cribs a quarter of an inch on something and gets away with it then over time everyone follows suit and eventually the rules are changed to accommodate this and then it's another quarter of an inch and so on.......

Purchased out of Oregon, USA Dave and Ken Sturrock picked up from the shippers Friday Kens new HMC 67 A-Sedan Camaro and tested today at Hampton, Ken flew out from his home in Texas to test for the first time but Dave promptly went out and clocked a 1:17.6 out of the box on old tyres and a cold track, its USA A-Sedan 302 engine sounded awesome pulling 7500RPM up the main straight. A few minor compliance issues to meet HMC regs which Ken is more than happy to do and its ready to race, a great addition to HMC for this coming season. Welcome on-board Ken, its a beautiful high quality built Camaro.

Wow, great looking car!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Wow, great looking car!

Some YouTube footage from today

Thanks Dale, I just embedded them. Here is your second one:

Love it !
    Welcome Ken and look forward to meeting you.

Cheers
    Bruce

This 68 Group Nc Mustang coupe is For sale in Australia for $85K and was once owned and raced by Jim Richards, its very nice and dripping in $$$$, turn key and ready to race and will fit HMC. You cannot build a car like this for the dollars. Any one interested shoot me a E-mail. Dale M

Ashley Sherlocks LH Torana now on 15 wheels and Hoosier tyres, doesn't it look BAD. He's just filing his COD and he'll almost ready to join the HMC ranks, great to see more Aussie cars joining in!! Ashleys a great supporter of Auckland Car Club events and with a HMC legal car he can pretty much race anywhere he likes.

That is a great looking car and a very welcome addition to the HMC ranks. Looking forward to seeing the car Ashley.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    Ashley Sherlocks LH Torana now on 15 wheels and Hoosier tyres, doesn't it look BAD. He's just filing his COD and he'll almost ready to join the HMC ranks, great to see more Aussie cars joining in!! Ashleys a great supporter of Auckland Car Club events and with a HMC legal car he can pretty much race anywhere he likes.
    He's had that car for a while now...
    Tell Ashley to get his neighbours (Murray) Camaro going!

Here are the latest couple of photos of John McKechnie's Monaro

The car is really starting to take on its character John

Wow ! Looking nasty already, good stuff !

Off to the painters Monday, white with blue Shelby stripes it will be.

This Seasons 2016/17 event dates are:
    1. 8th October 2016, TACCOC Classic one day Saturday - Hampton Downs
    2. 9th October, Official HMC/HSC Seminar, Hampton Downs, Upstairs Pit bay(10AM Start)
    3. 11/13th Nov 2016, Wellington MG Car Club Classic – Manfeild
    4. 27th Nov 2016, TACCOC Classic one day Sunday – Pukekohe
    5. 11th Dec 2016, TACCOC Classic one Day Sunday – Hampton(not yet Confirmed)
    6. 13/15 January 2017, Tasman Festival – Hampton Downs Short Track
    7. 19/22 January 2017, NZFMR Festival Ken Smith – Hampton Downs Long Track (4 Days)
    8. 10/12th February 2017, Timaru Classic – Levels Timaru
    9. 17/19st February 2017, Teretonga Classic – Teretonga Invercargill
    10. 25/26th March 2017, Legends – Hampton – HRC (Will clash with Beach Hop)

Coming Race Car Test Days at Hampton, Pukekohe and Manfeild are:
    Friday 9th September – Hampton Downs
    Friday 23rd September - Hampton Downs
    Friday 7th October – Pukekohe Park
    Friday 7th October – Manfeild
    Friday 21st October – Manfeild
    Friday 4th November - Manfeild
    Saturday 26th November – Pukekohe Park
    Friday 2nd December – Hampton Downs
    Saturday 17th December – Pukekohe Park

Back from the painters, assembly time, should be ready for the Festival.

Wow, that really looks good Dale!

Looking great Dale [i guess Robs old fast back] amazing how these get around the traps I use to race against it when I ran the little Anglias , it was in early stages of developement back then ...ps will see u at Hampton tomorrow test day , better luck this time as Taupo was the go but only got a warm up lap due to a sad event to local racer .......................
    Last edited by Grant Sprague; 09-22-2016 at 02:52 AM. Reason: add