Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1851

Thread: New Zealand Historic Muscle Cars Under HRC

Progress on the 68 Camaro has been rather slow due to a busy shop. Picked it up from the beaters last Saturday with the wedge nose all done, the front fender flares and other body work tidied up. Start stripping out the last couple of days and now up on the rotisserie to weld up the underside and add a few Penske tricks, must be back at the painters by the 7th Jan so no holidays for me enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Wow, looks great! What colour will it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Wow, looks great! What colour will it be?
    The same blue Steve, will be a Penske replica, I even have a guy that will hand paint the yellow pin striping on.

Great work Dale - looking forward to seeing this one completed.

looks Awesome Dale!
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiboss View Post
    The same blue Steve, will be a Penske replica, I even have a guy that will hand paint the yellow pin striping on.
    Thats awesome. Its the most iconic colour scheme for a 67/68 Camaro in my opinion.

Couple more pics while I have lunch...…...

Interesting for us to see how its done and what is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Interesting for us to see how its done and what is involved.
    Somebody has nicked the diff while you where having lunch, [rotten b#%$@ s ]

Do you use Tig or Mig for doing that section Dale?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Do you use Tig or Mig for doing that section Dale?
    Mostly Mig welded Steve, Tig is nice but a lot slower and doesn't look old skool enough tho I have tig welded the side intrusion bars.

Dale,
    what is the diff/axle from please?

Quote Originally Posted by 928 View Post
    Dale,
    what is the diff/axle from please?
    just your normal Chevy Camaro 12 Bolt diff with full floater hub ends...…...

Dale,
    many thanks. i thought it may have been one of those power sucking 9 inch things

Ford should stay with Ford and Chev/Holden have only Chev 12 bolt.

I totally agree, this is why the previous incarnation of aussie taxi race cars always have been a joke

Quote Originally Posted by 928 View Post
    Dale,
    many thanks. i thought it may have been one of those power sucking 9 inch things
    Correct, power suckers they are but breakable they are not...…..beside, this is a 68 Camaro and must have the correct diff fitted even tho I could used a 9inch......

No Dale, the days of backyard racers fitting Ford diffs to Chevs/Holdens are gone. Anyway, it devalues them- the cars that is.

One of our last vehicles to be bought into line and comply with the regs is the McCaughan Capri V8. We allowed this Capri to race due it been one of the very early entry vehicles with-in the group but as from next year all Capris must be on their manufactures factory wheel size(diameter). Im currently doing the wheel fitment and brake down size conversion and it looks to be all quite simple and will work just as good. Avon make a very nice DOT road/race tyre in 13inch which is very similar in size to the 15's that were on this car.

I've add a pic of the Seton Capri race car to give the idea

Dale M
    Last edited by Kiwiboss; 01-26-2019 at 02:36 AM.

This is how the Capri V8 looks on 13inch wheels. Have fitted 13X8's all-round with 245/50 rear tires and 215/55 fronts. This will now make this car complaint and end the V8 Capri issues in HMC, as from the end of this year every Capri must be on its Factory size 13 inch diameter wheels.