Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
Good evening Russ Noble. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you so I don't know whether you are a 'bigtime' race car driver, or indead an X bigtime racecar driver. You write a very good letter which sounds very professional and knowledgable. I have looked up your profile, but it doesn't enlighten me at all as to your prowess as a driver. Could I just respectfully ask you.....do you, or have you raced in a Classic car race recently, and if so, what is the vehicle of your choice. Please forgive my ignorance in this matter, as at my age I have trouble recalling peoples names from the racing scene. Thanks.
Have dabbled in the past, in the 70's BT18, BT21A, Noble Sports. In the 80's FFHustler, RF73. But never at Bonneville. Currently have a GT40 look-a-like that went OK in Classics, Sports & GT . As a matter of interest often in the scratch races I would start off the back of the grid anyway. More fun for me and good for the spectators. Don't think I took anyone out on the way through....

Lets face it, in reverse grid races everyone starts at the same time, the only 'disadvantage' is the distance back on the grid and there is the whole race to get through to the front. Guys that get the red mist in the first corner will cause problems elsewhere anyway and should be spoken to, and if they don't fall in line should be banned. There is no need for that sort of shit at this level.

GT40 is out of action at present so have just bought an RF92 (not eligible for classics) to have a bit of fun in SIFF races this season