Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Australian Muscle Car Masters

2012 Australian Muscle Car Masters

This years Australian Muscle Car Masters, held at Eastern Creek, Sydney, promises to be a big one. Formula 5000s are making their MCM debut, after years of trying to lure them to the event. Also, this years event marks Bob Janes last visit to the Masters, as he scales down his travel plans beyond 2012. Included in the line-up of Bob Jane race cars, will be his famous 1962, and '63 Australian Touring Car Championship winning MkII Jaguar, his 1971 and '72 ATCC winning ZL/1 Camaro, plus his mighty HQ Monaro Improved Production racer.

As well as this there will be races for Group C and Group A Touring Cars, the Touring Car Masters, plus Group Na, Nb, and Nc, and the New Zealand Muscle Cars, plus all the other muscle car related attractions of the MCM.

The 2012 MCM is held on September 1-2.

World Champion
    Waiting for the day when the Sports sedans get a run Steve.

Yeah, I know they'd like to run them, and I think they even tried a couple of times. Just a matter of being able to assemble enough cars though I guess Bry.

I wish I was going to this years event, just to see Bob Janes HQ Monaro. One of my favourite cars.

World Champion

Good piece of footage thanks Bry.

These pics have been supplied by Bruce Moxon (Roaring Season member Moxo). Should be more to come. Also, Luke West (Australian Muscle Car magazine Editor) is supposed to be sending me some too. So stay tuned:

Name:  IMG_2329.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  96.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2445.jpg
Views: 1113
Size:  103.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2466.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  86.9 KB

Great pics & video guys.

Heres a couple of mine from the day.

Thanks for the photos Neale. As always there were some great looking cars there - they always attract great fields of historic cars (mainly saloons) and drivers to give them a workout. It is great to see the older cars cocking a wheel in the corners - lets you know the driver wasn't out for a Sunday drive. I see a Sierra RS500 look alike sitting in the paddock.

Keep them coming for those of us who couldn't make it.
    Last edited by kiwi285; 09-04-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Neale, beautiful shots! Many thanks. Is that Monaro at the top one of the 24 hour Bathurst cars?

Neale, I just grabbed this off your photobucket page. What is the history of this car? I'm guessing Mike Imrie, but when did it race etc?

Name:  IMG_6523.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  91.1 KB

World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Neale, I just grabbed this off your photobucket page. What is the history of this car? I'm guessing Mike Imrie, but when did it race etc?

Name:  IMG_6523.jpg
Views: 1088
Size:  91.1 KB
    I found a little info on it here:
    http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...74#post4429974

From what I can gather it is the ex Mike Imrie XD #49 which raced in the 1983 Castrol 400 @ Sandown also entered at Bathurst but never ran.
    Now owned by Ian Ross, purchased from "unknown" in late 2009, and a full resto late 2011. It has raced at a few meeting already this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Neale, beautiful shots! Many thanks. Is that Monaro at the top one of the 24 hour Bathurst cars?
    Thanks Steve, the monaro is a replica of the 24h car. It looks great but theres a few little give aways like the 5 stud wheels, vented bonnet, & uses what looks like a V8 supercar front bar not a monaro one.

Its great to see some replica's out there though, Its amazing to see how much work some people put into them.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post
    Thanks for the photos Neale. As always there were some great looking cars there - they always attract great fields of historic cars (mainly saloons) and drivers to give them a workout. It is great to see the older cars cocking a wheel in the corners - lets you know the driver wasn't out for a Sunday drive. I see a Sierra RS500 look alike sitting in the paddock.

Keep them coming for those of us who couldn't make it.
    No probs kiwi,
    They definatly werent holding back. I'm glad there are events like this because I'm not old enough to have seen this type of racing in its heyday, this is the next best thing. It was like stepping back in time.

The sierra was a genuine RS500, but it was stickered up to look like one of the Texaco Sierra's. It was on display with the RS Owners Cub that had about 16 sierras on display & most of them were RS500's heres a pic of them lined up

Name:  308469_544281262264601_350230050_n.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  159.6 KB

The Kiwis were in the action, not in the best meaning of the word...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1v1MJuk5pg

Murray, yeah that looks like typical CMC!

Quote Originally Posted by neale View Post
    I found a little info on it here:
    http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...74#post4429974

From what I can gather it is the ex Mike Imrie XD #49 which raced in the 1983 Castrol 400 @ Sandown also entered at Bathurst but never ran.
    Now owned by Ian Ross, purchased from "unknown" in late 2009, and a full resto late 2011. It has raced at a few meeting already this year.
    Thanks for that info Neale, I thought I knew of most of the XD/XE Group C Falcons, but that one I'd not seen before. Nice looking car!

Quote Originally Posted by neale View Post
    No probs kiwi,
    They definatly werent holding back. I'm glad there are events like this because I'm not old enough to have seen this type of racing in its heyday, this is the next best thing. It was like stepping back in time.

The sierra was a genuine RS500, but it was stickered up to look like one of the Texaco Sierra's. It was on display with the RS Owners Cub that had about 16 sierras on display & most of them were RS500's heres a pic of them lined up

Name:  308469_544281262264601_350230050_n.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  159.6 KB
    Actually I'm surprised there weren't more RS500s in the Group A races. This years MCM marked the 25th anniversary of the Sierra Cosworth/RS500 in Group A.

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    Bry, I actually saw this piece of footage on the Touring Car Masters Youtube page yesterday. Its an absolute blast!