Thread: Newbie to the forum

Newbie to the forum

Hi All

Im Simon, 28 years old from Christchurch. Have been interested in Motorsport all my life. Dad used to race mini 7s at Ruapuna. Not so much of a fan of modern day Motorsport, my main interest is racing from the 70s to early 90s. My favorite race car of all time is the Swift DB4 Formula Atlantic. I remember seeing people like Jos Verstappen, Craig Baird, Kenny Smith etc and I just loved the design of the car. I'm lucky enough to have seen and remember these cars from the last few years of the Peter Jackson series. My favorite touring car would be the E30 BMW M3 when the likes of Pirro and co raced them round the streets of Wellington. I have a helmet visor from Charles Nearburg when he raced Atlantics here in NZ and also a signed Paul Radisich tyre off the raced the Telstar in the 2L NZ touring car championship. I stumbled across this forum by accident and am really enjoying going through the pages. I hope I can contribute to this forum in someway or another.

If you would like to anything else please feel free to ask!

Cheers

Hi Simon,

I believe Ruapuna has changed a lot since i raced there! Formula Pacifics were fun to drive, but some cars were much quicker than others.

Hi Steve

Yes Ruapuna has definitely changed alot! Yea I do remember there would always be the usual 2 or 3 front runners with the latest machinery that would dominate. Really miss the scream of the Atlantic/Pacific's so its always good to pop out to the classic meetings see them having a run.

Hi there Simon, welcome to The Roaring Season, its great to have you on here. Yes I have to agree with you on the DB4, just one of the best looking cars from the Atlantic period. I still remember the first time I saw one after years of Ralt RT4 domination. It just looked amazing.