Page 6
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 6 close up

Page 7

Page 7 close up

And Page 8, this all explains how back in the late 50s early 60s we new everything, thanks Shell

Page 8 close up.

Yes the weather is utter poop up here and we can not go outside, so you get to share the book.

Great Stuff Rod. Interesting to see the Lycoming in there.

Cheers
    Lee

Rod, your mum must have been more thoughtful than mine! My books (planes, racing cars etc) went out in one of the shifts, along with a full set of the Shell(?) annuals.

Hopefully she may find some more hidden under the house stacked away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Hopefully she may find some more hidden under the house stacked away.
    Do that and she might get a Mothers day card from a whole lot of us

From some one else's scrapbook that they kindly loaned for all to see.
    Spent weekend down on North Shore attending a 60th of a gentleman who has been in the States for about 30 years and meet a heap of old friends and stayed at one of their lovely places. He also has some old photos of cars he has had from yesteryears. Also a big shed with some unreal toys stored away. Questions on Who,Where Thread.

My God, that Zephyr is nuts! Please tell me all 6 exhaust pipes were hooked up? I can't even imagine what it must have sounded like.

Yes all six were hooked up, and my father used to love it when it went past, as the fella lived up the road from us. It was LOUD i can remember the noise now.

Yeah I bet he was real popular with the neighbours!

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    Yes all six were hooked up, and my father used to love it when it went past, as the fella lived up the road from us. It was LOUD i can remember the noise now.

Brilliant photos. I am picking this is Ross Tebbs' Mk 2 Zephyr (ex Cedric Price of Matamata). Just loved this car in the mid 60s. Lurking around the Bays on Aucklands North Shore. Someone should do an article on Ross and his vehicles and Offshore Boats and even ways back when he was an Equestrian Ace. Had more ribbons in his garage than Mark Todd. Owned the Anglia raced by Colin Reed in Shellsport. Later moved to GTHO Falcons and Ferarris. Then Jesse James powerboat. And now the full circle back to the Ford V8 coupes where he started. Owns the best '34 Ford Roadster known to man plus a couple of desirable Hot Rods. Ross' favourite vehicle colour is red....as is on his new Aston Martin. A great guy with a great hobby........

Ruppie, that has just taken the next week of bits out. Got the photos of all. Spent weekend with him. Aston is quick. Rods are unreal, but give me the 34.
    I may do a bit later on. Other cars and boats as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    Do that and she might get a Mothers day card from a whole lot of us
    Well she has delivered Carlo, found another lot stored away. New Zealand Motor Racing Year books from 1963 through too 1972 with the 1973 Heatway book there as well. Will try and contact some of the photographers and see if we can share. There is more to be sorted.
    Last edited by Rod Grimwood; 11-04-2013 at 12:20 AM.

Hopeing to be able to share some of these with you, am making contact with some people.

Amazing history in these