Thread: magnesium manifold

magnesium manifold

Hi Guys,
    Can anyone recommend a good magnesium welder? I have a nascar 429 boss spider intake that has been modified for short track racing by reducing to port size, which has cut through the top ports. They have covered over the thin placers with filler. As it is fairly rare I would like to have it restored.
    Thanks Colin

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Can anyone recommend a good magnesium welder? I have a nascar 429 boss spider intake that has been modified for short track racing by reducing to port size, which has cut through the top ports. They have covered over the thin placers with filler. As it is fairly rare I would like to have it restored.
    Thanks Colin
    barry morgan wanaka he welded my magnesium wheels off the steve millen jag when i owned it
    Kind regards,
    Gwyn

Hi Gwyn did you have an early Tempro D if so ,wnat hapened to it???

ged, those wheels i think you will find were the original wheels of Faheys first mustang.

Who did you sell car too please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Grimwood View Post
    ged, those wheels i think you will find were the original wheels of Faheys first mustang.

Who did you sell car too please.
    I sold the car to clive gott. some thing for you guys to track down the steering wheel that was on that car was off the dalro jaguar from here in aust
    Kind regards,
    Gwyn

jim , that car was owned by nevlle goodsir of timaru. barry morgan built a new chassis for which i think he may still have the jig. i do not know what has happend to it since,brian morris of timaru would know. barry also made a chassis for another D ray larsen made the body longnose / fin barry and my self deliverd it TomLuxton of melborne. a very nice car . also there is a tempo D in glen innis in nsw
    Kind regards,
    Gwyn

ok, missing bits coming back now. I meet Clive when he first got the Jag. at club curcuit Puke. he ran it for awhile and then it was off scene for along time.

Yes Gwyn you rang me in Tokoroa {1981/} for me to buy but I had got the E so I put Clive onto it ,I understand he drove it back to Auck.!!!

jim we fitted a set of falcon wheels to it and apair of cooper s mufflers and he set sail about 2.00 am for auck.did not take him very long to get home. i have some good stories about that car and will share sometime
    Kind regards,
    Gwyn

That car was quite used to the road, Steve used it as transport occasionally, we went to the Auckland Car Club one thursday club night and back to the East Coast Bays for run in, and the old toll gates on the harbour bridge to Onewa Rd overbridge was a good test for tune ups early hours of the morn.

Somewere in my memory I seem to think Dave [is he still alive/} used the motorway at Ramarama to run it in after it was born over several hours back and forth

Thought that was why they built the motorway, good trick on SH 27 to Matamata was have ute with trailer in front with one of the wheels off and down, and follow running in car on way to BP and if cop stopped say you are going to next station to fix puncture, worked once with severe look from nice officer.

magnesium manifold

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    barry morgan wanaka he welded my magnesium wheels off the steve millen jag when i owned it
    Thanks Barry, All under control. Colin.