Thread: Phillip Island 1990 Formula Holden And Sports Sedans

World Champion

Phillip Island 1990 Formula Holden And Sports Sedans

Nice one Bry! Boy I miss Mike Raymond on commentary. That guy could make tiddly-winks sound exciting. I remember when Formula Holden was first introduced, when it went under the name Formula Brabham. The exhaust layouts made for a very flat engine sound, which prompted Alan Jones to dub it "Formula Bedford"!

Great sports sedan footage. Was the Des Wall Supra built from the Bob Jane Monza, or was that the Kerry Bailey Supra? Nice to see the old Jim Richards Falcon hardtop still running hard.

Ahh the ill-fated Formula Holden/Brabham. I remember when Paul Stokell and the Biranna Team bought the can to NZ and I remember when he raced it with the Atlantics at Wigram. The poor Atlantics were never going to stand a chance. I think the class had merit however it was never going to last here. The Reynard 92D were a sharp looking race car however. Is the class still going in Australia? I have seen a few Formula Holden’s (although listed as F4000s) in the classifieds - seems a lot made their way overseas to run in the BOSS series

World Champion
    The category ran until 2006/2007, the last 3 years , I think , were run as Formula 4000. Does anyone recall the Shrike Chassis?. Produced by the Croydon Park Institute of TAFE, and the other Aussie cars.... Cheetah, Hocking, Liston, Elfin,