Thread: ERC Race Series - Euro Saloons & Sports

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Steve, for moving these over from my "Mix of Pics" thread. Great variety and full grids. This is what I like about any racing and particularly our series. Great pics Nigel.

I have announced to our members that at the end of next season, my 20th in the hot seat, I will be handing over the reins to someone else.

My stance throughout business and industry, either within or working as an external advisor/consultant, has always been to preach "Don't let anyone ever make themselves indispensable". So I must practice what I preach.

When I looked at what happens throughout a season, plus losing the occasional friend well before their time, I realised that I had accidentally made myself not exactly indispensable, but that no-one else really knows how the Series operates. Rather than be faced with a very successful Series lurching around for a while if our pilot decides to fly into a mountain, or our ship's captain decides to park the ship on its side, time to set things in place now to make sure that the Series is in good hands for the future.

I don't really believe the "Committee" model works that well. "A camel is a thoroughbred racehorse designed by a committee - Issigonis?" and thankfully, someone has stepped up to take over as from season 31, the 2016/2017 season. Some people may be co-opted to carry the workload, but I am hopeful that the current model has been proved to be successful. An announcement will be made in due course, but for anyone interested, we have booked the CT Club at Remuera to discuss the way forward for the ERC Series, but I extend an invitation to any other Classic racers and supporters to come along, as Classic racing is very healthy at the moment and we never get the chat to chat.

The MSNZ conference only caters for one or two from each club, so getting the drivers together makes some sort of sense.

The long awaited track extension/club circuit at HD may open up more opportunities for racers and club members, so having a platform to discuss things locally seemed a sensible idea.

The meal is $25 - April 20th - bookings essential before April 15th please, via "convenor @ ercrace.nz" (ignore the spaces of course, but this is an anti spam attempt!) but for those not wishing to eat, the meeting will start around 7:30, but doors open 6:30 and the meal at 6:45pm. Pay bar.

ERC members will get a $10 voucher towards their meal.

This is not our awards dinner, that is May 9th at the same venue, but that is not to say that an award will not be presented...
    Last edited by ERC; 04-02-2015 at 09:56 PM.