Quote Originally Posted by ERC View Post
Ivan had flat spotted his treaded tyres and fitted slicks, without telling me - which is of course not allowed. This was noticed by other drivers and an observant pit lane official but it was too late to change the handicap, so he was allowed to run, but romped away, which was a bit naughty.

However, although he was first across the line, the bottle of Moet went to John Sampson who finished second and as you still managed third, you will have been promoted to second!

Just had a discussion about Dot rated tyres and will be making a ruling clarification shortly.

I haven't looked at your ERC in car as yet, but congratulations for your very restrained driving in the other class, where it appears that there are some people who do not believe in giving the faster cars an easy run through in the handicaps!
Hi Ray
A couple of thoughts on the series.
The tyre question is looming and we saw one car with the Hankook Ventus twin striped tyres in the weekend. This is the tyre that the Central Muscle Car guys use and it is very soft. In comparison with a Toyo 100 hardness and Kumho 80 hardness the Ventus is 40 hardness (a slick is 35!), so virtually a slick. In talking to CMC guys it has increased wear and tear on suspension and drive trains and the wear is very rapid, as you would expect for a tyre so soft. This is DOT approved, but not warrantable.

I think setting a time bar of 1.13 at Hampton Downs would be a good idea, as this helps prevent the escalation of speed and modifications. The CMC boys tell me that a 2 second gain is appropriate from the Hankooks. That would place my Corvette in the 1.10 area, which would be no good for the series. I am in the process of slowing the Corvette by fitting period correct 15" wheels and the old spec tyres. Just my opinion!