From what I gather, some testing stations will pass them and some will not, in which case, we have a much bigger problem!

If just one driver turns up with a current WoF using those tyres, (not that we'd know of course, what tyres were fitted at the time) then are they road legal or not?

I'm like some others on here, I really want a black and white definition. We can rule on exceptions if we so wish, but we do need a proper assessment o these tyres. If they are indeed illegal, then they are not a road tyre and therefore can't be used in the ERC Series. I believe that some cars have been issued a WoF, so the real problem isn't so much ours, but belongs elsewhere. So are we going to get a specific NZTA (or whatever they call themselves these days) ruling?

My big worry is when it rains part way though a race that started dry. If they behave like slicks in the wet, then surely they should never get a WoF? If the race starts wet, then they'll have to go a road legal tyre anyway.

As I also pointed out above, we will not allow the faster cars to do 1:10s. We will invoke the speed bar at 1:13 anyway, however, we all know that drivers will always be able to rush past and then back off! It has always been so with a speed bar.

Apart from the recent commission discussion about sanctioned historic series, I have nothing yet in writing setting out either the application procedure or the structure or what it really means to either drivers or convenors. Up until now, we have had a set of rules anyway and apart from safety implications at a meeting plus the usual driving standards, the MSNZ race stewards do not interfere in any way shape or form, into any race series that is not currently sanctioned.