Looking forward to running my mini. Have been a Datsun Zed guy for the 20+ years it will be very different to drive on the track with 60% of the weight of a zed and about 60% less power. The reason for the change was simple. This time last year I was out of work and looking at my almost complete Datsun 260z 2 seater race car and doing the numbers to complete the project plus Ricky a 240z racer ask if I had a spare 260z stub axle. Finding 40 year old stub axles for zed is hard work and bespoke new are expensive. So I changed tactics sell the 260z and with the money for 90% rego on hold zed I purchased a mini k turned into a cooper s replica + a trailer and had some money left over. Also parts can still be purchased new for a lot less than for a Datsun. I still have one Datsun but as this my first classic mini looking forward to giving it a blast around the track this weekend.

And Ray I will take some of those parts from under your bench

Another reason for selecting a mini was simple. There weren't any racing in AES anymore so why not bring back a car that has not been seen in the class for a few years.