Thread: ERC Race Series - Euro Saloons & Sports

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ray's series promotion/ information thread seems to have been hijacked!

Maybe what we need is a separate thread on the direction the NZFMR (and other top drawer or wannabe top draw historic events) should be headed. In that regard, (shock horror and I seem to be the only one) I agree with Dale that in a perfect world the Festival should be trying to set a higher standard. To be consistent, in that same perfect world I don't think the Festival should be including the BMW series despite my being a regular competitor in that series.

The real issue is: Are there enough historically correct cars available to run the Festival as a "Period Correct" event?
    I believe the answer is "yes", however for whatever reason, there are not enough prepared or able to enter the event. Why?

For me, I would pretty much give up every other event if thats what it took to do the Festival but clearly this is not the case for others. The reality is that the organisers need the revenue stream from full grids and if the only full grids they can get are from BMW and Ray's series then they have no alternative. Of course, in my view the status of the event will then inevitably fall away to where it is just another race meeting and the opportunity is gone.

At this point I wonder how many entries from Ray's series will be prepared to pay the (much higher) entry fees for NZFMR when for the same money they could do several events?

Catch 22, you betcha!
    Last edited by Howard Wood; 03-11-2014 at 01:02 AM.