Thread: ERC Race Series - Euro Saloons & Sports

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
    I guess this forum is as good a place as any to tell you all about the presentation that was made by Deb Day to Ray and his wife at the conclusion of the prizegiving yesterday afternoon. It celebrated the 20 plus years that they have put into this series and resulted in every person in the room rising to their feet - a fitting tribute indeed!
    Very humbling Michael! If it wasn't for the fact that the guys are such a delight to deal with (most of them, most of the time!) then I wouldn't have hung around for so long.

Few people outside the series would realise just how strong the camaraderie is, with humour a very dominant aspect. Of all the excellent classic/historic series around, we believe that ERC epitomises the real values of classic racing as well as any other and probably, that adherence to a 100% reliance on handicap races levels the playing field better than any technical rules based system.

My own thanks not only to Deb (and her team) but also to Tony Rutherford for insisting I did 3 "Hot laps" in the safety car, but all the officials who have supported both me and the series for so long.

Name:  216_0124_095.JPG
Views: 1757
Size:  79.6 KB

I still have a couple of race meetings to go and the awards dinner June 11th, before I hand over to Chris Browne and although there are on-going challenges to be faced, we have always agreed on the philosophy and I will of course offer Chris every bit of support he needs.
    Last edited by ERC; 01-25-2016 at 03:40 AM.