Thread: ERC Race Series - Euro Saloons & Sports

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World Champion
    I am glad you managed to sort out some of your problems Mike.....as you will have found out driving a Mini on the track is a whole new ball game. Some people, like me, never get to grips with it, so I wish you luck. The Yokohamas are pretty useless on the track as you found out. Some experimenting with tyre pressures may help but you really need to get some good....read expensive...tyres, of which there is only a tiny choice in 10inch, unlike other sizes where there seems to plenty of stuff available. I did notice there were a lot of non dot rated tyres, with 'funny' tread patterns, being used by competitors, even though they arent supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by AMCO72 View Post
    I am glad you managed to sort out some of your problems Mike.....as you will have found out driving a Mini on the track is a whole new ball game. Some people, like me, never get to grips with it, so I wish you luck. The Yokohamas are pretty useless on the track as you found out. Some experimenting with tyre pressures may help but you really need to get some good....read expensive...tyres, of which there is only a tiny choice in 10inch, unlike other sizes where there seems to plenty of stuff available. I did notice there were a lot of non dot rated tyres, with 'funny' tread patterns, being used by competitors, even though they arent supposed to be.
    I was always impressed by those who could switch from FWD to RWD regularly and be on the button instantly - Bryan Bate and Brian Hartley come to mind, both Manawatuis, something in the water perhaps....