Quote Originally Posted by Jon Mello View Post
Steve,

That car lot was called Performance Classics and was in Eagle Rock, CA between Glendale and Pasadena. It was owned by my friend Dave Miller. Dave tells me he was selling the car for the movie company. The car was a '67, not a '68. It was being sold on ebay in 2004 and I recorded the VIN number from the ad at that time.

"Eat My Dust" starring Ron Howard is another fun movie from the '70s that featured an early Camaro getting into high speed shenanigans.
Hi there Jon, thanks for that info. I'd imagine Performance Classics had a steady stream of wide eyed teenagers stopping by to ogle. I love seeing photos from these places. I stumbled upon another photo of the Camaro pictured with a black '69 Camaro with very similar bodywork styling treatment. Not quite sure what the connection was, but interesting none the less. Jon, was the car a genuine Z28?

Yes, I have a copy of Eat My Dust. Not exactly a classic! But entertaining. Possibly one Ron Howard would prefer to forget. The Camaro in that movie was a curious mix of various styles. Has a full cage, blanked out grill, but heavy wheel arch flaring, so definitely not a short track dirt car as it was portrayed in the movie. Do you know anything about this car?

Name:  i289570.jpg
Views: 5381
Size:  41.3 KB