Thread: Photo And Info Request: Aussies Racing GTHO Falcons In New Zealand

Photo And Info Request: Aussies Racing GTHO Falcons In New Zealand

I've had a request for all you Roaring Season members. An Australian GTHO enthusiast is wanting information and photos of any Australian drivers who raced GTHO Falcons in New Zealand. I know Allan Moffat ran his Phase III at Wigram in a Castrol GTX race in early 1973, and Pete Geoghegan raced his Super Falcon Improved Tourer at Bay Park in late 1972. Can anyone post photos of these cars? Do they have more info to share?

Were there any other Aussies who raced their GTHOs in NZ?

Here is a copy of the photo I took of Pete Geoghegan's Super Falcon when he brought it out to Pukekohe in 1972

Thanks Mike, I'd forgotten he'd raced at Pukekohe as well. Here it is at Bay Park.

Name:  ph7.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  89.0 KB

Name:  ph49.jpg
Views: 972
Size:  89.4 KB

Name:  ph41.jpg
Views: 1008
Size:  116.3 KB

Name:  ph43.jpg
Views: 996
Size:  91.8 KB

Semi-Pro Racer
    Not an Aussie driver but Gentleman Jim did give a very good drifting exhibition in the rain at Pukekohe in the Norris Miles owned ex Goss HO once. Sorry no pics though.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi285 View Post

Here is a copy of the photo I took of Pete Geoghegan's Super Falcon when he brought it out to Pukekohe in 1972
    i must admit to shake my head a little, when the current group of "superstars" want (or need) all these million dollar facilities when true greats are happy to park on the grass.

Yep, you're right there. I think the more professional teams sometimes stretched to popping up a tent.

Yes 'Rogered' from the very top on down. And they probably enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere as well.