Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
SOME of these cars are what we want for the "Going Even Older" class.
The Bambina is well modded, radiator shows not very Fiat!
My name is dave pagano and i am the current owner of warick holyoaks amazing little racer.
Warwick actually directed me to this forum.
The car has had a wonderful adventure being bought almost new by warwick in italy. Warwicks family owned cc tyres and sponsored one of the corners at oran park.
He then drove it around europe for eighteen months before shipping it here.
It seems to me that it became a race car as soon as it landed.
The transformation of this car into a sprite powered special was gradual but eventually it became a force to be reckoned with it its class holding the oran pk lap record in 61 and 62.
I bought the car off warwick in 2008.
It has a heavily modified sprite engine with the stan brown crafted alloy tail extension.
Up front it has fj holden brakes with the wheels cut down to twelve inches.
I am restoring the car in its second last guise with non cut down front gaurds and the radiator mounted inside the bonnet area.
The body is almost ready for paint and all the machining for the engine is done.
I have been to a few historic car meets. Ive tried to find out what class it would run in.
When i describe the car the officials look at me like i have two heads. I have no idea what class it would fit into.
I am very interested in boat racing history also and have a pretty large collection of vintage raceboats old cars trucks and bikes.
One of my boats is powered by a rolls merlin and won everything there was to win here in the late sixties early seventies.
I plan to have this car done this year. I want warwick to run her again.
Any other info regsrding the car would be greatly appreciated. I cant wait to see this car run.
I too thinks its a little weapon. Dave 0413766501