Is there a piuc somewhere of the Mustang in Duckhams colours, doesn't readily come to mind

Quote Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
The Green 222 mustang in the near to top pic is the John Riley car. this had Previously been the Paul Fahey car & Earlier in the US it may or may not have been an X mark Donahue trans am car.
some were built in Spartenburg SC, by Bud Moore enginnering but this one, if i recall was a Shelby Build.
After Riley, the car was owned & driven John Armstrong [dunedin] , then later changing hands To Rod McElrea [ashburton].
I Rebuilt the Body work For Rod on several occassions & re-finished the car , Firstly To Duckhams colours about 1974 , later in 1975, while i was away in Europe ; it was painted Orange , then in about 1976, after returning to NZ, we fitted Cologne Flares & painted it White with blue stripes over the top.

An offer to me , by Rod ; in late 1974, to drive a few laps in the car on a test day at levels was Gratefully accepted and often comes to mind as having been quite an experience for a 19 year old
apprentice race car bodyman.

I am told The car is now back in " as driven by paul Fahey " livery & part of a Valuable collection " across the Ditch". [Bowdens ??]