Thread: Lost Race Cars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    A couple of older Pukekohe photos - Red Dawson, John Riley and John Curtis among others :

A bit of chaos on the opening lap after Alwyn Marshall spun in the Lotus Cortina. Ivan Cranch goes through in the Consul Jaguar and Colin Lumsden takes avoiding action in the DeSoto.

Just to fit in with the thread's theme I suppose most of these cars are now lost - except for the Lotus Cortina which has probably turned into three "genuine" period cars
    Last edited by RogerH; 05-30-2011 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    A.

Just to fit in with the thread's theme I suppose most of these cars are now lost - except for the Lotus Cortina which has probably turned into three "genuine" period cars
    Roger I believe the Marshall Lotus Cortina still exists down in Tauranga,the 57 Anglia I think is Bryan Faloon and if so I believe that car still exists down in the Manawatu area Alwyn Marshall was a brillant engineer and made up a few good bits along the way for that car

Thanks Bob - good to hear that a couple of these cars have survived and the Cortina has not morphed into more than one version. Here is the "before" photo of Alwyn Marshall spinning with most of the pack behind him.
    Last edited by RogerH; 05-30-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Yes, the Alwyn Marshall Lotus-Cortina is still in the Bay of Plenty. I owned it in Tauranga for about 10 years or so in the 1980s and will be going to see it's current owner on my return to NZ in two months time.