Ok here is one ,its not really lost ,as its gone to the scrappies,probably
The Dave Jolly Humber which became the Humber that Frank Radisich raced mid 60's I was involved in the very early stages with Dave when he started thinking about this project in fact the idea was hatched after the November Levin meeting the year before when the Auckland coupe guys went south for that first ? All comer meeting ,we looked at the power the Coupe guys had and figured putting a Corvette engine into a Humber 80 would perhaps be a better bet,moving the engine back etc to get better balance ,doubling up on the shock absorbers ,sounds a bit crude now but it was forward thinking for those times.They idea lingered around for some time until one day Dave came across one that had been fire damaged in Palmerston North ,now Dave's budget didn't stretch to a Chev V8 engine but the same wrecker had a early Customline Ford V8 enine for sale as well so that was what he ended up with.there was another Levin meeting coming up ,so with Dave having completed the purchase we decided to travel down to Levin via Palmerston North and drag it home by A frame behind my 39 Chev coupe ,we travelled down after work on the Thursday night arriving at day light on the Friday morning,slept in the car outside the wreckers until he opened up.They had already removed the Humber engine and gearbox ,we then spent all day Friday shovelling the burnt remains of the seats,mats etc out of it ,on top of that some one had shovelled what seemed like a truck load of soil into it in a attempt to put the fire out ,by the end of the day we were finished ,somehow we managed to manhandle the Ford motor into the now empty passenger compartment and tie it in.We made arrangements with the wrecker guy to meet us back there on the Saturday night after we had been to Levin ,picked it up and travelled back home to Auckland on the Saturday night ,my coupe was modified with triple carbs ,so was more than up to the job of towing it but gas consumption was from memory about 4 to 5 miles per gallon .The car languished around home for a while with out any real progress as Dave had run out of funds ,I went off in a different direction as I got involved with some else for the forth coming season ,Dave eventually scraped enough together to get it up and running but it never really showed any promise and Dave eventually sold it on to Frank Radisich