Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gavin Evitt - Pall Mall

Gavin Evitt - Pall Mall

Very sad to say that Roaring Season member Gavin Evitt (Pall Mall), passed away on Sunday night. Gavin has been an important member of our online community, his knowledge and enthusiasm of all things historic, and in particular, speedway history, will be greatly missed. He is one of the few people I've met whose incredible knowledge spans both circuit (road) racing, and speedway. I only got to meet Gavin for the first time earlier this year. A lovely guy, a genuine enthusiast. My condolences to his family. RIP Gavin.

That is very sad news ,a great guy who was involved and moved in a lot of the same circles as myself in the past ,I will miss bouncing the odd thing of his memory ,RIP ,Gavin and thanks for the memories and help

Very sad news, so glad he shared so many of his memories and his knowledge with all of us. Condolences to his family. RIP Gavin

I never got to meet Gavin but he was always ready and willing to help with any info or articles from his magazine collection. A real shock to read about his passing. RIP Gavin.

World Champion
    Echoing the sentiments above, sorry to hear of Gavin's passing, condolences to his friends and family.

Too sad, a very nice guy, who will be sorely missed. Condolences to his family.

Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Very sad to say that Roaring Season member Gavin Evitt (Pall Mall), passed away on Sunday night. Gavin has been an important member of our online community, his knowledge and enthusiasm of all things historic, and in particular, speedway history, will be greatly missed. He is one of the few people I've met whose incredible knowledge spans both circuit (road) racing, and speedway. I only got to meet Gavin for the first time earlier this year. A lovely guy, a genuine enthusiast. My condolences to his family. RIP Gavin.

Very very sorry to hear this new's RIP mate.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Remembered Gavin well from my old Hot Rod magazines. I had a bit to do with him earlier this year and found him to be a great guy. This is indeed a very sad day RIP Pall Mall

Never met Gavin, but admired his work for years. Always a calm, authoritative word here on the forum to direct the ramblings of my memories. Another good man gone too soon.

Very sad, so much knowledge.
    Condolences to all.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Very sad. A huge loss to our community here. Condolences to his family.

Semi-Pro Racer
    RIP..Gavin Evitt / Pall Mall, is it not fantastic that this form of 'communication' gave us all at 'the Roaring Season' a chance to share in Gavins passion and Knowledge on our favourite subject...to Gavins immediate family and friends, My Condolences, will miss his valued insite....Myles Johnson

Never meet him but exchanged E-mails, fantastic knowledge, will be sadly missed here on RS. Condolences to family and friends.

Dale M

World Champion
    A very sad loss, a man whose knowledge will be seriously missed. My thoughts go to Gavins family.

Thank you all for the kind words, Dad was the kind of guy that really loved and had a passion for cars/motorsport and not only has it been a huge loss to the family but also to his many friends around the world. We will be holding a celebration memorial soon and anyone who would like to attend please contact me evitt@xtra.co.nz.

Rick Evitt

Welcome Rick, condolences to the wider family and my admiration of your coming on here. Your Dad will be missed by a huge number, many who never met him.

Very Sad to hear this news as I knew Gavin through both his speedway history dealings and model making. It always surprised me whenever he dragged up these old photos from the late 60s early 70 that he had taken as he never gave the impression of being that old.

RIP Gavin

Hi again, I forgot to mention something special to the Roaring Season - Dad was never one for being formal so when it came time to decide on his final clothes I put him in the very special Can-Am McLaren Roaring Season T-Shirt, I think he would have liked that! Hopefully you all think it is fitting as well

Semi-Pro Racer
    ...JNR,it certainly Gets my Vote !!!...........the very best to you and family at this time .

World Champion
    Awesome PMJr - gets my vote as well!