I first drove on a circuit in 1956, driving a Riley 9 at Mt Druitt in NSW.
I competed in sprints and hill climbs with a MG TD with a 1500cc motor. I rallied (they were called trials then) In an Austin A40, the TD, a Fiat 100 and an SS1.
I moved to England in 1958 and worked for Lotus assembling the first 15 Lotus Elites, started Lotus' first service dept and them moved to Team Lotus.
I returned to Australia and built a Holden engined Clubman The Alton AR1 and a rear engined Holden powered single seater the AR2.
After a spell earning a living, I reconstructed the prototype Lotus F2 (Sabakat) and since have raced some historic cars: Lotus 6, Lotus 12, Lotus 18, Triumph Spitfire, Anderson Holden, Mildren Cooper, Elva Courier, Amilcar special, Gemini FJ.
I served on the Historic Commission from the late '70s, was an Eligibility Officer and Chairman of the Historic Eligibility Commitee until recently. I am currently a member of the Australian Institute for Motor Sport Safety. I have a Lancia Flaminia, a Lancia Fulvia Zagato and am restoring the Aston Martin DB2 that ran in the 1955 24 Hour race at Mt Druitt.