I just wanted to start a new thread for anyone who has one or two photos they'd like to post, that don't necessarily fit an existing thread, or that they consider don't require a dedicated thread. Can be race or road car related. So go to it, lets see what you have.

I'll kick things off here with a photo supplied to me by Bob Homewood, of Kiwi racer Red Dawson proudly showing off his new Kensington Carpets Chevy Camaro at his car dealership. Looking at the Camaro, this is very early in its life, when it was still fitted with the Minilites, and had neither the hood scoop nor chin spoiler. But this photo is just so interesting for the background, with the rows of cars on Reds lot, and those trundling up and down the road. This photo would have probably been taken in late 1971 or early 1972, as the Camaro debuted at the 1971 Bay Park Xmas meeting. So most of the cars on Reds lot are several years old, even then. Cars back then were made to last, and owners looked after them better than they do today.

Name:  527089_10151093124518288_641599265_n.jpg
Views: 4321
Size:  70.7 KB