Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Photos Thread

In my "good vibrations" I actually tired to quote post #192 but the site failed me, have another look and think

Name:  Good vibrations.jpg
Views: 1631
Size:  67.1 KB

So....Good Vibrations....

not with those exposed rods

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Sprague View Post
    Richard [I also remember that song lol ] but I think your dad was probably a little more reserved than mine... RE THAT SONG I was up at the wills 6 hr race probably 13 or 14 & all the Timaru boys had done their practice etc etc ....... i think was a friday night & off into town to the pink pussy cat [or was it the purple onion ] , any way me tucked in between the big boys ..in we went looking at these tarts getting the geer off & guess what they were dancing to THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKING & that just what they will do lol .. it was big time as a kid , never told Mum ........but told ALL my school mates ..lol
    Were you still wearing your cowboy hat on your big night out Grant?

No mate but when I got back to Timaru I learnt about policemans helmets no cowboy hats needed.....was one step ahead of John Wayne ......street wise ...........lol

Naughty boys, good thing i never did anything like that

World Champion
    Off topic I know, but too good not to share with you lot..Miss Atomic Bomb 1950
    Attached Images Attached Images   

lol Bry I think I wud like to be the 3 stripper....... on top .. as for Steve E ....yea sure Steve....I know u

I am not sure if this is the right thread for it but I found this NZ herald cutting of my next door neighbors uncles car, the Coca Cola Blydenstien powered Viva GT. Alan Boyle kindly took a snotty nosed 14 year old around the track in this car at the end of the day and that was it, HOOKED!!

Name:  AB.jpg
Views: 1711
Size:  80.6 KB

Gavin Shaw runs a Facebook page in which he has been posting up his own old New Zealand racing photos, plus those of others.

A recent posting was this oddball, which nobody has yet identified. Its a second gen Camaro, and appears to be at Bay Park. The Camaro appears possibly to be a speedway car, converted to run on tarmac, and with equal sized wheels left-right. Its hard to tell, but it appears also to have a windscreen fitted.

Does anyone know who this is, and when this was taken?

Name:  11045017_879629065416376_3186755194864935843_n.jpg
Views: 1136
Size:  28.2 KB

I don't know anything about this. Just saw it on Facebook and had to share it here. Its awesome!!!

Name:  Fiat 500.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  53.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    I don't know anything about this. Just saw it on Facebook and had to share it here. Its awesome!!!

Name:  Fiat 500.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  53.7 KB
    Hard case eh Steve , reminds me of a slot car

Grant, did you see the white one at Ruapuna, what a neat little rocket ship. Thought I had photos, but if any one has can they put them up please.

Rod would Lindsay or Brett Willis or maybe Ralph know whose Camaro that is in #209? I sure as hell can`t remember it ....

Rod .. that Renault { Fiat not at Ruapuna that I saw ) I am sure was a re production of the car ran in the early 70,s [Mullins ??]....just a rocket ship .....not sure on the lap times but guessing would be 160 mph on front straight ......with out a doubt crazeeeeee..... but guess it complies ....also talked to Brent that weekend [ Colins] and mentioned about going out racing with one wheel stud missing [stripped] that could have also turned out not good ....all a part of the old Timaru Thing......270k glad the wheel let go on a slow corner ..... Hey Going to catch up with Kev Ban at H/ D on 3rd May he is running his Honda Cup car this will be very interesting we will catch up again hope u all good .....
    Last edited by Grant Sprague; 03-08-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Grant are you talking about the Dauphine Chev recreation, from Nelson, pretty close to the original?

That Fiat is in Italy, heaps of them like this over there.

Just had a fiatbambina run at levels a rew weeks ago, it was fitted with a yamaha r1 1000cc engine,6 speed sequential, it was also a rocketship

Quote Originally Posted by paul lancaster View Post
    Just had a fiatbambina run at levels a rew weeks ago, it was fitted with a yamaha r1 1000cc engine,6 speed sequential, it was also a rocketship
    Is that Yambina that Mike Lowe (Enzed Targa Abarth fame) had for a while, and previously ex Otago with a Rotary?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Grant are you talking about the Dauphine Chev recreation, from Nelson, pretty close to the original?

That Fiat is in Italy, heaps of them like this over there.
    Yep Old Fart , that's the one ...... was similar to the Miller car [not mullens]...... I did not see the fiat there though

Should be very close really as the same builder did both of the Dauphine Chevs, and yes really.