Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Random Photos Thread

Diana Dors!.... Way back when I was in the UK Prison Service, her young chauffeur was arrested for something or other and remanded in custody. Imagine our surprise when she turned up to visit him. She was delightful - but I'm sure she didn't turn up in the Delahaye!

Love the other pic of the GP drivers too - all looking so smart in decent suits, collars and ties, polished shoes.
    Last edited by ERC; 12-31-2018 at 08:57 PM.

How does one get to see these elusive pics?

They're not visible to me...

World Champion

From Facebook

All credit to the photographers
    Attached Images Attached Images       

World Champion
    and some more

World Champion
    more

World Champion

Le Mans 1966

Chris Amon, Bruce McLaren, Ken Miles and Denny Hulme Photo credits: Eric della Faille

" Daffodils "

" Daffodils " - Described as " A bittersweet Kiwi love story told with re-imaginings of famous New Zealand songs "
    Last night -the Movie on TV1 from 2019 - starring Rose McIver, George Mason, Kimbra and AK2289.
    - a 1963 Ford Zephyr 6. The car is owned by John Stokes a Fordophile who has written a Book on Fords in new Zealand a few years ago and is writing another on the Seaview Ford Assembly Plant in Wellington
    The Music was good - the storyline OK but the Star was this ;

Name:  Cars #105 Ford Zephyr 6 1963 model AK2289 - Daffodills Car Carjam .jpg
Views: 2076
Size:  13.5 KB

As mentioned love these cars, Dad had one when I got my Drivers Licence in August 1965 - he owned it 1963 - 1968 and I was allowed to borrow it for " QSFN " - Queen Street Friday Night - with Merv Smith on Radio 1ZB in town with 3 or 4 or even 5 Mates.
    With its Original Plate 1963 - 64 and later its permanent plate 1964 on.

Name:  Zephyr #4 1963 Orig plates  CCI25012016_0005 (2).jpg
Views: 1395
Size:  148.7 KB
    Name:  Cars The Zephyr 1965 CCI05102016_0004.jpg
Views: 1594
Size:  152.1 KB
    Last edited by Roger Dowding; 04-16-2020 at 05:52 AM. Reason: John Stokes ###47

Weekend Warrior
    The movie was based on a couple from my local district , the lady I went to school with.

Re the photos of Amon, McLaren, Miles and Hulme -

Any indication as to if they were taken before, or after, the race?

World Champion
    Ray,
    Tell us what, where and when please.
    Ken H

World Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Clark View Post
    Re the photos of Amon, McLaren, Miles and Hulme -

Any indication as to if they were taken before, or after, the race?
    Michael,
    From what I have read and movie scenes etc. that these photos are definitely from before the race in my opinion.
    (Ken H.)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter M View Post
    The movie was based on a couple from my local district , the lady I went to school with.
    Yep, Peter did hear the mention of Otorohanga " I'll drive you home " offer " but " its over a hour away from the Hamilt(r)on.
    My Mums family, had family there in the 1930's she grew up in Hamilton, but used to visit.

Cheers
    Roger

Originally posted by khyndart
    Ray,
    Tell us what, where and when please.
    Ken, if you scroll back to post 325 (which is a quote from a previous page...) and check the first photo in that post, you'll be looking at this car. Somewhere in that photo.

There were, I understand, seven of them built and there's seven of them in the photo. This one I came across most unexpectedly.

I was driving from Brno to Mulhous in 2016 and I came upon this little rig in Lichtenstein (or it might have been Switzerland). I had time to get the camera up and switched on and get this one shot before it took an exit.

It was a pretty good day, really. I wanted to look at the Bremgarten circuit and set the GPS from Bremgarten not knowing there were two towns with that name in Switzerland. When I got to the wrong one (and still didn't know it) I saw a workshop with a motor sporting kind of name on it and so I went in there to ask directions to the circuit.

The owner of the place showed me around some of his cars...

His name is Rudi Caprez, he had pics of other cars he raced too. Including a pretty quick looking thing he drove in the Targa Florio. No wonder he could afford a smile...

Sadly, when I got to Bern I found there was so little left of the old Bremgarten circuit it wasn't worth the effort. And the effort was made harder than it should have been because nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. I struck the same problem at Rouen a couple of weeks later.

Anyway, I hope that answers your question, Ken. And that these photos are 'random' enough for this thread.

World Champion
    Thanks for that answer Ray,
    Going to the wrong town certainly had surprising results and you left enough crumbs to know the rest of the story.
    Ken

I think Rudi's business was 'Grand Prix Garage' or similar...

Which is why I went in there. His wife was there but about to go shopping, I started asking questions in English and she hung around for a while because she's much, much better than Rudi in English. Very helpful.

It was a nice interlude the day after driving around the 19km Brno circuit and the day before visiting the Schlumpf Museum.

Random Car Photos indeed.

Seeing the " Mitsuoka Viewt " on ERC's thread, and as it doesn't really fit there
    Thought the belong here
    - It / They are not even VCC Eligible as still a youngster at only 23 years old.

The Nigel Watts photo of the " Jaguar " styled car was first introduced in 1993. so is 28 years old.

Name:  Viewt #21 Jaguar styled Mitsuoka Viewt version of Nissan March - Micra Nigel Watts .jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  164.3 KB

Allan's image of a Lancia Aprilia inspired Viewt.

Name:  Viewt #22 Lancia styled Mitsuoka Viewt version of Nissan March - Micra TRS Allan archive .jpg
Views: 3747
Size:  163.8 KB
    This seems to be the most common after the Jaguar ! - according to web photos.

Mitsuoka is an independent Car Maker according to Wikipaedia -
    " Mitsuoka Viewt
    The Mitsuoka Viewt is a modification of the Nissan March/Micra sold by the Japanese automaker Mitsuoka, intended to resemble the 1963 Jaguar Mark 2. The line was launched in January 1993 and over the course of its production over 12,000 have been sold.
    Body style: 4-door sedan "

They take existing cars and restyle them, some with minor changes like the above two, but also cars like this. [ website images ]

The Himiko - not known what this is based on
    Name:  Viewt #23 Bugatti styled Mitsuoka Himiko from 2010 website photo .jpg
Views: 1420
Size:  7.0 KB

MX5 based Rock Star convertible
    Name:  Viewt #25 Corvette Q  styled Mitsuoka  Rock Star MX5 based website photo .jpg
Views: 548
Size:  8.3 KB

Micro - car with 1930's/ 40's styling
    Name:  Viewt #26 1930's Racer styled Mitsuoka Micro-car website photo .jpg
Views: 1131
Size:  11.2 KB

All small photos which is perhaps what they deserve.

World Champion
    who?what?where?

Quote Originally Posted by bry3500 View Post
    who?what?where?
    Who - Do not know,
    What - looks like Morris Minor highlight front mudguards with a TR2 style body and on what seem to be 1951-56 plates and Ford 10 wheels so presume based on a Ford 10 - have seen another photo of it - must go and look for it !!
    Where - possibly Muriwai for the Beach Races

Cheers Bry3500

World Champion
    Thanks Roger - I have no idea