Thread: The Steve Twist Collection: Part 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

the bennett " A fordie "

well I can tell you it is the original, it been around the mill, had different owners but he bought it back while living here in wellington in the 80's, rebuilt it with some mods (improvements), then saw the light and has rebuilt it again back to it's original state. I saw the car again just today !! hope that helps.

Can anyone tell me if Peter Bennetts A40 Farina pictured above is the car he still has today, or did he build a replica of his old race car?[/QUOTE]

Peter was in my shop a couple of weeks ago ,and he also confirmed that question ,he actually wants to sell the car at the moment ,probably one of the last chances to get a car from that era of racing

Quote Originally Posted by hollylodge View Post
    well I can tell you it is the original, it been around the mill, had different owners but he bought it back while living here in wellington in the 80's, rebuilt it with some mods (improvements), then saw the light and has rebuilt it again back to it's original state. I saw the car again just today !! hope that helps.

Can anyone tell me if Peter Bennetts A40 Farina pictured above is the car he still has today, or did he build a replica of his old race car?
    [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by hollylodge View Post

Can anyone tell me if Peter Bennetts A40 Farina pictured above is the car he still has today, or did he build a replica of his old race car?
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I was quite sure this was the original car, I recall reading an interview with Peter about it. But more recently I'd read that the car is a replica of that which he'd originally raced. Thanks for clearing that up.