Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Australian Muscle Car Masters

Haga, thanks for the link, nice pics!

My thanks to Luke West, Editor for Australian Muscle Car magazine http://www.musclecarmag.com.au/ for organising these photos. Photos are courtesy of Chris Currie/CLCcreative:

Name:  CLC_0198_w.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:  CLC_1384_w.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  138.7 KB

Name:  CLC_1421_w.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  182.0 KB

Name:  CLC_1819_w.jpg
Views: 666
Size:  79.4 KB

TV One - 2.00PM

Thanks for the tip Nigel. The TV channels show a generic mash of motorsport as if enthusiasts like all forms of it (I find drifting, jetboating, stock cars etc boring to watch on TV - great live but they don't make good TV).

They don't put up any form of programme information so we can sort out what we want to watch. Then they complain that there are no viewers for their motorsport programming.

TV3 has made a total hash of its Aussie V8 coverage. To me the taxis are the opposite of the above. A pain to go to the event because it's expensive, over-crowded and held at poor facilities (here in NZ). The sightlines are invariably blocked by advertising hoardings or corporate box areas. I love watching it on TV, but not at 11.40 on a Sunday night. Who the hell is going to watch it then? I suppose we're all meant to record it for later viewing - but of course ratings don't take that into account.

I can't think of a better way to kill off viewership than making programme times competely innacessible.

I think one of the reasons I like classic racing, both cars and motorcycles, is the more relaxed atmosphere at the track. And as classic racing has grown the on-track action is better than the "tier 1" events. I admire the guys who have historically valuable cars and bikes,with the immense amount of work and money that goes into them but who peddle them hard on race day. No holding back.

That's true commiment. Enough rant, normal programming resumes.

Semi-Pro Racer
    Watched it on TV here yesterday at lunchtime. Nice to put a face to Myles name when they did the interview with him on the Jane Camaro. Too many bloody adverts though.

World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Shano View Post
    Thanks for the tip Nigel. The TV channels show a generic mash of motorsport as if enthusiasts like all forms of it (I find drifting, jetboating, stock cars etc boring to watch on TV - great live but they don't make good TV).

They don't put up any form of programme information so we can sort out what we want to watch. Then they complain that there are no viewers for their motorsport programming.

TV3 has made a total hash of its Aussie V8 coverage. To me the taxis are the opposite of the above. A pain to go to the event because it's expensive, over-crowded and held at poor facilities (here in NZ). The sightlines are invariably blocked by advertising hoardings or corporate box areas. I love watching it on TV, but not at 11.40 on a Sunday night. Who the hell is going to watch it then? I suppose we're all meant to record it for later viewing - but of course ratings don't take that into account.

I can't think of a better way to kill off viewership than making programme times competely innacessible.

I think one of the reasons I like classic racing, both cars and motorcycles, is the more relaxed atmosphere at the track. And as classic racing has grown the on-track action is better than the "tier 1" events. I admire the guys who have historically valuable cars and bikes,with the immense amount of work and money that goes into them but who peddle them hard on race day. No holding back.

That's true commiment. Enough rant, normal programming resumes.
    Could not agree more, TV3 have stuffed it. Poor Shaun's hands are tied I think when it comes to time and real live broadcast.
    Can't wait to watch the 3hours of Bathurst between the 4hours of adds.
    Maybe tape it and then spend 3 hours that evening watching it as we fast forward the adds.

World Champion

World Champion

World Champion

World Champion

Thanks for that Bry, awesome! So great to hear Mike Raymonds voice again.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Holmes View Post
    Thanks for that Bry, awesome! So great to hear Mike Raymonds voice again.

Ditto to Mike Raymond's voice. I always liked his commentaries. Him and Barry Sheene together were outstanding.

Weekend Warrior
    Ditto to Mike Raymond's voice. I always liked his commentaries. Him and Barry Sheene together were outstanding.
    I didn't think they had done commentary together ?

I thought they did some Bathursts together, but there's always an alzheimers possibility there. Good excuse to look at my Bathurst dvd collection again as 'research."

Weekend Warrior
    I thought they did some Bathursts together, but there's always an alzheimers possibility there. Good excuse to look at my Bathurst dvd collection again as 'research."
    Off the top of my head Baz was on TEN & MR on Ch 7, but by no means am I saying that's 100 % right.